Chapter Four.

You guys have to thank Lily_143_1D for this update! I said I'd only update if she got me brownies and - what do you know? - she did! Dedicated to her. 

========== + + + + + ==========

Why do I feel so nervous? Why are my palms clammy? Why can I feel my pulse in my ears and the rapid thump of my heart? It's ridiculous; I'm ridiculous! It's not like I'm about to walk on coals, or juggle flaming balls - although, Mr. Payne is just as hot as fire. More so, even. In fact, if you touched him, you'd probably be left with third degree burns not only on your skin but on your very soul, that is how hot he is. He doesn't compare to fire; fire compares to him.

"Zayn." Niall prods my cheek, grinning. "Zayn, mate. You look like you're about to be sick!"

My stomach lurches as if on cue and I groan, burying my face in my hands. "I am," I whine. "Niall, I can't deal with it. I am impossibly attracted to him! It's like he's jailed my essence in his abs!"

"Don't be stupid," Niall chirps, "his abs would never want you!"

What a way to make a guy feel better.

I don't reply, knowing that if I do I'll probably stumble over myself, what with the ocean in my stomach and the butterflies sewn into my heart. "Listen, mate..." Niall sighs and claps me on the shoulder, breaking the moment of panicked silence I wrought. He rubs his thumb over my shirt in what I'm sure is meant to be a gesture of comfort but which only makes my senses heighten, and therefore tenses my muscles further. "Think about it logically. Mr. Payne is, what? Twenty-four? He's probably married - heck, he's probably not even gay-"

"He rubbed me!" I blurt.

Niall looks shell-shocked. "He - what? You mean..."

"No! No!" I haven't told him or Louis what happened yesterday when I stayed behind in class but, maybe I should... I guess I have no choice now, anyway, thanks to my big mouth. "He just - he rubbed my thigh."

"Was he comforting you?"

"I - ah..." Blood is slowly rushing into my face and heating up my cheeks. I shift on my feet, feeling uncomfortable as I pull my wrists together, fumbling with my fingers. "N-no. He was telling me that he was flattered by the attention."

With widening eyes, Niall shoves me into the boy's toilets next to us and locks the door. He turns to me quickly and, with his adam's apple bobbing in his throat, says, "He what?"

"He - he said he was flattered by the attention and that he'd try to concentrate in future lessons."

"Jesus!" Even though he looks blown out of his mind, Niall chuckles heartily. It suddenly increases ten-fold and he is laughing harder than I've seen in a while, his eyes pinching at the corners. After a moment or so, he leans against the wall, rubbing at his face. "Oh, God! Can -" he's laughing again, "-can you imagine would Louis would say?! He'd be s-so jealous!"

I'm failing to pick up on what's funny about this. "Erm...?"

"He'd probably ask to record it, the pervert! Oh, shit!" Niall is still laughing. His face is rather flushed. "God, that is too good. Why didn't you tell us, mate?"

"Hang on, hang on," I say hurriedly, frowning at him. "Record what?"

Niall splutters on another laugh before saying, "All the sex you and Payne are going to have, mate! What else?"

Sex. Payne. Me. All of the sex. "W-WHAT?!" I cry, my cheeks bursting to life in a flurry of red, again. "Who said anything about sex?!"