Never Leave You Chapter 19

Louis' Pov:

We were currently soaring through the sky in the plane. After the unknown phone call, we came in a rush to the closest airport. We were flying to Honolulu, Hawaii. One of the most sunniest, hottest, and tropical islands to visit. Palm trees swaying in the wind, hot sandy beaches, huge waves, little towns, and fun attractions.

The sun was now setting out above the clouds. The sky was a mixture of an orange, yellow, and pink color. Even a little hint of red. The clouds were turning a pink color that matched the sky. Harry was asleep next to me. On the other side was Niall who was on his phone. Liam and Zayn sat behind us. A lot of people on the plane were either asleep or reading a book. The only sound you could hear were the plane's engine roaring through the night sky.

I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned my body towards the direction to see Niall looking at me with sadness in his eyes. "Louis," he paused. "Is something wrong?" I asked. He kept quiet for a moment, like he was in deep thought, before shaking his head. "Nevermind," he murmured before turning over on his other side.

I sighed and rested my head against the head rest. I closed my eyes letting rest take over me but too many thoughts were on my mind that kept me from falling asleep. Many questions were repeating in my head. Who was the unknown phone call? Is the person helping me? Was it Brooke? No. She wouldn't help neither would she call.

I opened my eyes. My eyes blinked a few times as they adjusted to the lights on the plane. I looked to the left of me to see Niall was asleep, now. I looked behind me to see Liam and Zayn were asleep too. I was the only one awake.

I let out a frustrated sigh as I stood up. I quietly walked past Harry and made my way down the aisle. The bathroom was behind the curtain that hung in front of me. The red curtain was pulled back by a lady surprising both her and me.

"Sorry," I whispered. She gave me a small nod and a smile in return. She walked past me as I walked in the bathroom. I locked it making the sign turn red. The bathroom was small and crammed.

I leaned over the sink and closed my eyes, letting my mind clear. I twisted the sink handle and let the cold water rush out. I opened my eyes and placed my hands under the running water. My hands were formed in a small bowl to capture the water. I splashed the cold water on my face a few times before turning it off. I looked in my reflection. My tired blue eyes looked back at me. I turned my head back and forth. I needed sleep. I needed to shave. My hair needed to be done. My hair was a mess. I was a mess.

I ran my fingers through my hair a few times. My hair wasn't in its usual style. Blown upwards but instead it was hanging in my face, covering my forehead just like Brooke always wanted to see it as. I smiled at the memory. This would of been her chance to see it.

My smile faltered as I pushed the thought aside. I pulled out my phone and clicked on my photos. I scrolled through them as I saw Brooke in my camera roll. I clicked on one. She was looking off at the night sky. I took the picture when she wasn't looking. I smiled and scrolled through the next picture.

Picture after picture I felt tears slowly fall from my eyes. There was pictures of her or of us together. She was happy and now I ruined it. Crushed it like a bug. She will never see how much I love her ever again.

I took a shaking breath and wiped my eyes. I slid my phone in my back pocket. I heard a knock on the bathroom door. "Coming," I choked out. I pushed my hair out of my eyes and fixed my shirt. I opened the door to see an older lady in a white button up shirt and navy blue jeans. Her hair was grey. Her hands and face were wrinkly. She had a small smile on her lips. "You're struggling right now young man," she said. My eyes widen. "W-what are you talking about?" I stuttered. "There is no need to hide it. I can see it. The way you look depress and worn out. It's a girl isn't it?" She asked with a knowing smile.