Never Leave You Chapter 16

Louis' Pov:

Harry and I shifted uncomfortably in front of the two who stood in front of us. "Aren't you the two who took Brooke from us?" David asked after the moment of awkward silence that dwelled upon us. He stood firm and tall with his chest pushed out and shoulders pushed back. "First of all: we did not take Brooke. She came to us for help." I frowned. David stood across from us knowing this irritated me to my breaking point.

He stood there with his arms crossed over his chest and an amused smirk on his face. He had aged from the last time we saw him. The hair on his head had almost all gray and had become shaggy and long. When he wasn't trying to be intimidating he was slouching his shoulders more. He would have a terrible posture. His lips were chapped and cracked from the cold, dry weather.

Julie still looked the same besides her facial features have changed. She had dark bags under her eyes from stress and crinkles by her eyes. She looked tired and worn out. Her hair was still her natural color but had a few grey strands. Her short, petite body frame slouched over like her husband did. They were both looking miserable, almost like us.

"Second of all: in deed we are the ones who took Brooke to help her," I said. "More like stole her from us." Julie shook her head. "We don't have time for this arguing," Harry said. "We have better things to do than this," I said. "Like what? Go out to clubs and drink until you're knocked out or have girls wrapped in your arms?" David asked. "No," I snarled and shook my head in anger. This may be the second time I've ran into them but they get on my nerves more than ever. The two always have something to say to get under your skin and torment you. It never ends no matter how much you want it to.

"We are looking for someone that doesn't concern either of you," Harry said. "It would be best if you stay out of our way," I said. "You two can take a long walk off a short pier so you won't be in our way," said an enraged Harry. Julie's eyes widen at our statement in realization. "You're the two boys that were on the news," she gasp. Harry and I stared back with no words being exchanged. "David, they were on the news in New York City," she squealed our a cry as she tugged on her husband's arm.

"What are you two doing here?" David asked us. "That's none of your business," I said. "In other words. . . you're not telling us you're looking for Brooke," David said. Harry and I kept silent. "You mean you lost a nineteen year old girl, whom has trouble dealing with people, in the giant world all by herself?" Julie gasped. "How could you lose Brooke?!" she screamed. All eyes diverted to us.

David quickly covered Julie's mouth but she pulled away. "Why would you do that?" she yelled as she tried pushing me back but failed miserably. "Julie, calm down," David said. "How could you just go on with your lives knowing Brooke is missing? Stop doing nothing and go look for her!" She yelled. This broke my patience. My blood boiled at her nonsense. "Go on with our lives? We are looking around the world for her and you're telling us we are doing nothing. That's bullshit. I love her to death so quit telling me we aren't doing anything because you do not know what's going on. I shouldn't even be taking advice from someone who kicked her out of her own home and left!" I yelled.

Everyone around us went completely silent. It was like time had stopped and the spotlight was on us. There were a few murmurs here and there, but besides that no one talked. Harry looked back and forth before he grasp my arm and started lightly pulling me away. "Let's go, Louis," he said. I nodded as I looked down and turned away from the two. I followed after Harry but was pulled back gently by a hand grasping my bicep.

I turned my head to see it was David. His eyes scanned my face with a look of distress. "Louis." He sighed before speaking, "When you find Brooke. Don't let her go." I gave him a small nod before walking away with Harry. We walked past the crowd and made our way down to the tram. We walked near a bulletin board with pictures of universal films and the years they came out which led us across a walkway that showed a view of Hollywood. To our left was the Gibson Amphitheater but was tore down to pieces.