Chapter 16 ~

Chapter 16 ~

- Scarletts POV -

But I just can't wait for love to

Destroy us

My eyes snapped open and I was blinded by the ray of light that had entered my room. Panicking I sat up and looked around my room to see my papers flying in all sorts of directions. Memories of last night flooded my head and instantly felt myself going pale and green. I swung my legs over my bed and walked to my window and opened the curtains. 

The light that blinded my eyes made me jump back and cover my eyes with my forearm. I slowly opened my eyes and was greeted by a sparkling white city. The sun shined over the snow making it look like a million diamonds in the light, I had to admit it was a beautiful sight to see. The cold winter slipped into the crack of my window sill making me shiver and make goose bumps appeared onto my skin

I leaned over still covering my eyes to make it some what possible to see the window, I saw a spatter of red paint on where the lock of the window was supposed to be. Thinking back to last night made my head ache with pain but I simply don't remember opening my window.

I didn't wanna know what was happening to me was real or not. But I needed to get over it, it wasn't important. I'll just tell the police about this and they will take care of it. They always do. 

I made a mental note to myself in my head to go see the police after I go buy groceries at the local one around the corner of my apartment building. I looked over at my alarm clock 10:34 am the numbers stood out in red against my lightly colored room. 

I walked over to the bathroom feeling the cold tiles against my warm toes and started getting ready for the day. 

I tied my hair up in a high ponytail letting my hair look somewhat decent. I grabbed my jacket and purse and pulled out my phone seeing I had one message. Memories flashed through my head again as I clicked the open button. It was Harry?

My dear Scarlett did I tell you I took your phone and added my number? ;) Good night beautiful 
Sent Dec, 7th 12:00 am

When did ever add his number in my phone? I thought back to our date and certainly don't remember giving Harry my number. I took a deep breath and locked my phone pushing it back into my bag, not wanting to think about Harry right now. 

I walked over to my door and reached for the handle but remembered the words that was written on the other side.

I shook the thoughts away that were raging in my head, closed my eyes  and grabbed the door knob and slammed the door open. I reopened my eyes and saw my door was perfectly clean. Nothing was differen't about it. 

I stared a the door for what seemed like hours. It was the same door, nothing was differen't about it. And that scared me. My reality was changing all around me, and I can't even tell if things are just dreams of mine. Or nightmares. 

But Harry, now he was real. But everything else I'm not so sure about because after my mothers death and these crazy notes. I'm just a confused mess right now. I closed the door and locked it, checking twice to make sure it was locked and closed shut.

I clicked the elevators button and watched it go to other floors as it came to reach mine. I heard yelling coming from inside the elevator. It sounded like two males? Not wanting to get invalided with anymore fighting I quickly made a turn as the doors opened and made my way towards the stair case before bumping into someone followed by a clicking noise. Like a photo being taken?

I turned around to say sorry, but no one was there. 

 Curiosity got the best of me and turned back around to the elevator and looked inside, but only saw my reflection from the mirror walls. I stepped inside and looked around but nothing was differen't, it was a normal elevator. 

I pushed the button that took me down to the lobby before my shoe stepped on something sticky. Oh please not let it be gum ! I silently begged myself. I leaned down and saw it was a Polaroid photo of something. or someone. 

The photo was still being developed because it was mostly still white and only had a light shade of blue too it. The elevator ringed indicating that it was on the floor of the lobby. 

I quickly walked out of the elevator before the rush of people came pouring down on me to get into the elevator before it would do it's hourly breakdown. The elevators here, every hour would breakdown for about half an hour or so. Everyone got used to it so no one found in interest anymore. Most people didn't wanna have a risk of being stuck in an elevator so they always took the stairs.

I didn't mind though. I mean what bad thing ever happened in an elevator?

I sat in one of the dark navy blue chairs that went in a circle surrounding a small glass table before pulling out my phone to text Nova back. 

But before I could get to my phone, the Polaroid photo was done developing. A gasp fell out of my lips. It was me. The picture was kinda blurry probably because this was taken five minutes ago. This had to be the same person that I bumped into.

I moved the picture closer to myself, seeing myself in mid-sentence trying to say sorry but in the corner it was looked like a hand reaching out for my shoulder.

Nothing could be said about the hand but it have a R in graved into it. 

Who's hand was that? I thought to myself. 

[ Hey so I'm alivee ~! WOW GUYS THANKS FOR 2K READS <3 <3 I know I haven't updated in like a year.. Yeah it's been a year.. well 5 months.. BUT YEAH hope you guys liked this chapter <3 In the meantime Vote, Comment and Fan (: ]