Chapter 17 ~

Chapter 17 ~

- Scarletts POV -

I sat in the lobby and stared at my phone waiting for Nova to answer my message. Maybe I should text Harry? Or would I look desperate doing that? I raged against my own thoughts about texting a guy I went on one day with. I sighed and looked up from my phone seeing Nova standing in the door way giving a homeless man money.

The whole day consists of buying clothes and looking for a good cupcake store around the city. By the time we were about to go back home it was seven pm. Nova and I walked around the city, enjoying the good weather while it lasted before it started to snow again. We were by the dark part of the city. Where most of the cops stayed and where mostly everyone got shot.

Nova said that the best place to get bedtime deserts was here in the middle of the worst place in New York. Perfect. I'm going to get killed for getting cupcakes at night. Nova smiled at me and poked my cheek bringing me out of my thoughts and bringing my attention to her.

"So have you spoken to Mr. sexy pants?" Nova said wiggling her eyebrows
"Oh come on! why'd you gotta say it like that?" I pouted feeling a snow flake fall on my nose
"Because they way you talk about him, he sounds like a sexy pants? I don't kno-"

Nova was cut off by the sound of a manly laugh that bounced off the building walls to our ears. We both turned our heads and saw a drunk Harry stumbling out a club with two other men.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I stood in my tracks, feeling my blood run cold in my veins. Nova was confused, staring at me in my parallel vision. She knew something was up. I panicked in my head my eyes flickered back and forth to the club door and Harry laughing with two other men with there arms around his shoulders trying to keep him from falling over.

The two men had tattoos also, but like Harry but they were a bit taller and more built. Harry wore a white t-shirt and flannel matching with him black ripped skinny jeans and boots. I was about to turn around and run as fast as I could but before I could, Harry looked up and stared right into my eyes.

He was walking towards me, I knew he was. I quickly gathered myself back together and turned around in one swift motion before feeling someone grip my other forearm.

I slowly lifted my gaze and saw Harry looking down at me with blazing eyes. I stood there frozen, not moving a muscle. Harry's intense gaze making my knees go week.

"Funny seeing you at this side of the city hm love?" he grinned widely showing off his perfect teeth.

"Funny seeing you here at all Harry?" I said smartly thinking to myself I had the upper hand. I was so clearly wrong.

"Well baby. You didn't answer any of my messages." He wasn't grinning anymore and I had a feeling, I started realizing who's been ruining my life.

"Well baby I never got your messages. So let me go!" I yelled the last part and quickly got out of his grip using my arm to swerve out of it, thanks to my brothers for teaching me that trick.

I grabbed my arm and rubbed over the area that he had probably bruised.

I looked up and saw Harry wasn't looking at me with his intense gaze anymore. He was staring at Nova, who had a petrified look on her face.

I quickly grabbed Novas arm and got her back to her senses, but before that I was already leaving the frightening scene.

Nova and I walked in silence. Probably scared on what the other one would say. I had talked to her about Harry before, and she talked about him being Harry Potter and such. I probably made him sound of prince charming. But from what she witnessed back there. He was no prince charming. But on the date he was, well for most of it.

I wondered back to when the last night I talked to Harry. He texted me goodnight on the day my stereos went crazy, but I haven't had any contact with him since then. What did he mean by " answer my messages?" I havent gotten any text messages other than from Nova. Then something clicked in my mind.

What if he didn't mean, text messages. What if he meant messages by in notes. My mind went wild thinking of things, thinking that he maybe the reasoning behind all of this madness going on. I was about to tell Nova to stop because we were at the block of my building when she spoke up.

"I've met him before"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I updated ~ (: