19TH QUARTER

•••The Strongest Seven•••

Humming of the huge AC was the only sound in the room. Until an antique brass and white haired girl plucked out a silver nail file from her bathrobe and began rubbing it on her thumbnail. The blind girl across from her made a questioning look. 'She had that and not her phone or money?' Ava Santiago thought.

Akila Layla halted from fixing her nails to throw Ava a sheepish grin. As if she knew what the blind girl was thinking. Their sitting position was:

Indiana - Layla - Mali
Caramel - Ava - Mizune

Bryony Cosmos was at the head of the table near Mizune and Mali. They just finished lunch but ever since before that they were all silent. Bryony took in a breath and rose. "Let's start--?" She inquired but a bang on the table cut her off. They all turned to the tealette, none of them flinching until she glared at each of them.

"HOW THE HELL DID EACH OF YOU MANAGED TO MISS YOUR FLIGHT TO TOKYO?!" The vein on her neck popped as she yelled at the six girls seated around the long table.

"Before I answer that.. are you vexed? Worried? Or concerned?" Caramel Lois questioned, dumbly. She jumped to her feet, snickering, as Ava stood up to stop Mizune from charging.

"Scared, aren't ya?" Indiana Quinton crossed her arms, slumped against her seat.

Caramel grimaced. "Shouldn't it be 'weren't ya'?" And mimicked Indiana's accent.

"Falling into her trap too soon~." Mali Kolenn said in a sing song voice when Indiana was abruptly on her feet.

She glared at Mali. "At least I won't be half naked unlike you."

"Wrong. Mali is nearly naked, but I love her outfit." Layla turned to her, "Did you made it? You look so sexy."

Mali made a face. "You're nearly naked as well. And yes, I did. Would you like me to make you one?"

"Sure, but lemme help. Ain't you gonna tell me I'm sexy too? Or thank me for the compliment?"

"Enough." Bryony and Mizune asserted in unison, the others were silent as the two exchanged looks.

The tealette sat down and so did the ones who were on their feet, Bryony remained standing. "Since we don't need introductions, let's start. Of course, all of you know what's been going on the Universal Women's Basketball--"

Mizune cleared her throat.

"--Right. Sorry. Well, Mizune, I'll you everything later after the meeting."

"Sure, boss." She sarcastically emphasized.

Layla ceased from fixing her nails again. "Do you really know or do you not really know?"

"I do know a bit but at the same time I don't really know so I really don't know." Mizune gave a tight lipped smile as Layla's jaw dropped.

"Dang, gurl." Ava said in a Texas accent.

"Oh~ I get it!" Caramel raised her hand enthusiastically.

"Who didn't?" Indiana rolled her eyes.

"Uh, maybe Layla?" Mali shrugged.

"Hey! I get it too!"

"Then, maybe Bryony?"

"I get it."

•••

"That bitch thinks I won't go easy on her! Well, let's see how her account is looking when I order all of the dessert!" Kasaiino angrily munched on a blueberry cheesecake.