13TH QUARTER

˙˙˙It's A Syndrome˙˙˙

A ball touched the ground whenever the owner dribbled it under her. Huffing out a breath that flew up to her eyes like a faint cloud. The cold air stroked her sweaty skin, Mizune was in a violet and white shirt plus sweatpants and rubber shoes.

She briefly rubbed the back of her neck, pulling up her shirt to clench it between her teeth. Her light teal hair was tugged up by a blue hair band into a high ponytail. Mizune shut her eyes, releasing her shirt. Imagining she was the only one inside with one of their opponents.

Her opponent tapped the ball from her hand. She swiveled, her back to the board. Grabbing the ball and swung its direction to the board, it flew directly and down the hoop. Before she could go and get the ball, she felt one drilling through the air towards her. Putting up her arm to stop the ball with her hand.

"You really aren't just that girl that the kiseki no sedai dated."

"I hope that news hasn't gone haywire around Seirin." She pitched the ball back to the newcomer, "What are you doing here, Kagami Taiga?"

He came out to the light surrounding the basketball court. "Don't worry, Kuroko told us not to. Finally knew my name, huh?"

"Duh, dumbass."

A nerve throbbed on his temple. She went out of the inside and inclined her head. "I'm sure you're not only here to be grateful that I know you're name." Another nerve popped out at what she said.

"Of course, I'm not letting you hog the rim."

Mizune smirked. "The score is still 5-0."

He couldn't help but feel astonished, was he really getting his ass handed to him by this puny girl? Kagami saw a vein pulsed on her forehead, as if she read what he was thinking. He passed her the ball and went to defend. Mizune was surprised that he's defending closer, she was dribbling the ball behind her.

"Whoops..." she said when the ball slipped out of her hand to the right. Kagami twitched to snatch the ball when it disappeared and he heard it bounce from under him. His eyes widen when Mizune ran past him, he turned to see the ball aiming for the board. She leaped to catch and dunk it when a hand obstructed her way.

Dark blue eyes enlarged briefly, gripping the ball with two hands she evaded him from stealing it by twisting under the basket before ramming the ball in it backwards. 'Double clutch?!' He thought and they both dropped to their feet as the hoop trembled.

The red head guy repeated what he saw. 'She made me think about the ball to break down my defense.' A flashback of earlier occupied his head. Trying to remember what his peripheral vision saw. When the ball slipped away, Mizune spun her back to him and threw the ball under him.

'Fast...' He thought, opening his eyes as a sweat trickled down his jaw.

"Hey," The ball was received by his hands. "I don't got all day."

He frowned and walked to his position, Mizune moved closer to defend. 'The hell... how did he got there so quick? Anyways, he knows that I can catch up if he dunks so he'll either shoot a fadeaway or drive for a fadeaway.' She thought and watched him as he dribbled, dark blue eyes clashing with red eyes.