3RD QUARTER

˙˙˙Mess Me Not˙˙˙

The sky is still painted with the night when Kagami checked the clock on the drawer beside his bed. 4:26 AM. It indicated. He's been awake for an hour and hasn't gone back to sleep.

"Seriously!" He sat up and swung his legs out of his beg. Not even bothering to change his clothes as he slid his phone in the pocket of his grey shorts.

Kagami was almost to the door when he was stopped by the voice of his mentor. "Where are you going?"

"Just outside. I can't sleep." He answered, Alex nodded. "What about you?"

"Just needed to use the bathroom."

"Ah, I'll be back in an hour or so."

Kagami was strolling towards the nearest basketball court, remembering the events from last night. He shook his head and closed his eyes. 'Why am I even bothering to think about it?'

The sound of a ball tapping the ground opened his eyes. Someone was playing in the court, he was unsure if it was a guy or girl. That someone was wearing a red jacket with a hood, baggy pants & a blue cap that matched his shoes.

Kagami settled that the someone is a guy 'cause of how he's wearing. The red haired ace glanced at the other side of the court & shrugged. He's fine with a half court as long as the guy doesn't seek trouble. He wondered if he was a player or not.

Kagami had a foot in the court when a ball came ricocheting to his face. He caught it with wide eyes & almost lost balance. "Sorry," the guy said when Kagami lowered the ball. "I thought you were someone I know."

"Check who you're throwing the ball at before you do." Kagami pitched the ball back and picked up his.

'What was that? It kinda felt like Kuroko's pass but it was much stronger.' He jogged towards the court, looking at his hands that stung and red.

"Sorry about your hands."

Kagami glanced and saw him at the center line. The red head frowned, he had a feeling that something isn't normal about that guy. "Is that all you can say? Show your apology when you beat me." Kagami wanted to hit his head with a ball.

The guy smirked. "You make it sound like I'm weak."

"Oh, aren't you?" His mouth was seriously getting him in trouble. The guy lost his smirk and dribbled the ball, Kagami threw his to the side & bent his knees.

He was shocked when the guy positioned himself to shoot the ball. Nostalgia coursed through him like the ball coursed through the air. The guy changed into Midorima in his mind's eye as he heard the ball dropped from the hoop.

"3-0. You're up." The guy said and Kagami's eyes widen when he saw the guy holding the ball.

'How did he- didn't the ball drop?'

He kept recalling if he heard, he was about to ask the guy when the ball was caught by his hands. "What? Dog got your ass?" The guy sneered, making Kagami scowl. They exchanged positions and the one holding the ball dribbled it.

Kagami jumped and shot the ball, quickly running under the basket to dunk it when it bounced off the rim. But it was not his hand that grasped the ball. He gawked at the guy, his hand an inch from the ball.