Ch. 7 "Talking" & "Innocence"

Farkle's P.O.V

The kiss, the kiss, the kiss. A 10 second kiss from a girl I barely know is shattering my entire world. All I can think about is the kiss, the kiss, the kiss. It meant something, it had to. But what? I've never felt these feelings, I'm feeling. but I won't lie to myself--I don't lie to myself. I like her. I like her a lot more than I thought I could like a person. Her lips have invaded my mind, my vision, my freaking dreams! I like Riley and I can't talk about it. It's all because of the kiss. The kiss, the kiss, the kiss.

I walked into the school and didn't flirt with any girls or tell any guys off. I didn't make an effort to clear a path or anything. My act didn't feel necessary today. I saw Riley by her locker--by herself for once-- and I walked over. Breathe, just another girl.

"Hey, sunshine." I greeted.

She turned around and smiled at me.

"Farkle!" She cheered hugging me.

This is new. Not hugging a girl obviously, but she hugged me. I didn't hug back, not because I didn't want to but because she took me by surprise. She let go before I could hug back. We've never even really acknowledged each other as friends to be honest but I mean a kiss changes everything. The kiss, the kiss, the kiss.

"So, where's the overseer?" I asked looking around for Maya.

"She and I had a little blow up last night. She's in class already with Lucas--her boyfriend." She notified rolling her eyes.

Does she still like Lucas? Wait, why should I care? Because you like her, dimwit! And? You don't like her that much...do you?

"Oh, I'm sorry about the fight. Don't worry, I'm sure she'll come around." I assured.

"I don't know about this time, this time she said some things that I'm not sure she understands are awful." Riley sighed closing her locker.

"She's straightforward and sometimes she'll say anything to make a point. I'm new and I picked that up. Just like how I picked up that you two are never going to stop being bestfriends--so don't freak." I smiled.

"You're pretty smart, Farkle." Riley complemented.

"Thanks." I accepted.

The warning bell rang and Riley looked at me. All I could think about looking at her was: her lips, her lips, her lips--the kiss, the kiss, the kiss. She's going to drive me insane.

"Walk to class together?" Riley offered.

"I guess we should." I agreed.

"Mmm, try again." Riley giggled.

"I'd like to very much. Hold hands?" I suggested.

We have to do something after the kiss. That kiss. Don't do it, brain. Don't...GAH. The kiss, the kiss, the kiss. The kiss, the kiss, THE KISS.

"Maybe we should." Riley breathed blushing.

"Wanna try again?" I asked holding out my hand in front of me.

"I'd like that very much." Riley smiled putting her hand in mine.

(A/N See, when Rucas did this they both seemed reluctant. Here-- it's just adorable.)

Perfect fit. No surprise there. Her touch made me feel all giddy inside instead of nothing like other girls do. Just like that kiss. Unlike our actual first kiss in the park--the one yesterday was real. That was amazing. Like we were the sun or part of the ocean. Just naturally amazing and made just right. We entered the room and everybody "ooo-ed." Riley blushed and I smiled at the ground.