Ch. 3 Betrayal Hurts Most When By Someone You Love

Riley's P.O.V

I kissed Farkle yesterday. I liked the kiss I had with Farkle yesterday. This isn't right, I mean Lucas and I are meant to be together right? Right. He would never do something like this to me, I mean even in Texas he could've kissed Maya but he didn't. Unless he didn't because he felt bad for me....Snap out of it Riley! I walked into the one class I have with Maya, Lucas, Zay & Farkle all at the same time. History, where my dad is the teacher. I sat next to Darby because Maya and Lucas were nowhere to be seen. Weird. Farkle walked in the room and he walked over to me.

"I have to show you something." He whispered holding out his hand for me.

"O-Ok." I stuttered taking his hand as we walked out the room.

He led me down the hall to the Janitor's closet. We stood there in silence until I saw Lucas and Maya walking down the hall together talking. They couldn't see us because we were far down the hall but we could see them and it hurt. It hurt because they were laughing and talking and Lucas kissed Maya on the cheek.

"You know Huckleberry, we really have to tell Riley about this." Maya said to him.

"Why? It's not like Riley and I are really dating, besides, she won't have anyone to move on to." Lucas said to her making my heart crack.

"But she's my bestfriend and with the situation she has going on at home, your one of her only sources of happiness." Maya said before she gasped and covered her mouth.

"Situation at home?" Lucas repeated confused.

"Nothing, just forget I said it." Maya pushed away.

"No, what situation? You can tell me, I won't tell anyone." Lucas promised and Maya sighed.

"Her family is a wreck Ok. Her dad's a cheater, the real reason her mom died was alcohol comsuption and her little brother already knows what it's like to be stoned at 9." Maya told him.

Lucas snickered and wrinkled his nose like he was disgusted.

"No wonder she's so weird and dependant and stuff." He laughed.

Maya gave him a disapproving look for a second but the burst out laughing as well.

"I know right. I thought I was a wreck but she, she's a whole different story. I love her though." She giggled.

"So do I." Lucas said making qoutations.

"You like her as a friend and you need to tell her that. Don't be like her wack-job dad or she might turn into another Auggie." Maya snickered.

"She'll only become like her mom if I break her heart now. Her family really is jacked up." He chuckled.

I had heard enough and seen enough when my "bestfriend" and my...whatever, kissed on the lips for about a minute almost as if celebrating my terrible life. I should ask Farkle how he knew Maya and Lucas were out here but I didn't want them to think they could continue fooling me. I stood up and walked over to them furiously.

Maya's eyes lit up at the sight of me and she smiled but then she noticed my expression and her face drop. Lucas looked behind me and saw Farkle with his arms folded and what look like a tiny smirk, which made Lucas go pale. Maya dropped Lucas' hand and I slapped her.

"Riley!" She gasped.

I stomped on Lucas' foot with my boot heel and he grabbed it and yelped jumping up and down.

"Waita keep a secret. You two could've just told me you liked each other you know. And I thought you'd understand how to keep a secret about family considering how screwed up your life is." I shot angrily.