Ch. 10 Sisters, Spanish, and More NOT Talking

Riley's P.O.V

"FARKLE GET UP! GET UP! YOUR GRANDMA TEXTED--LYA'S DOWNSTAIRS! WEEEE!" I screamed waking up Farkle.

He stirred and blinked open his eyes. He sat up, ran his fingers through hair and then blinked furiously again--like trying to wake himself up.

"Wait...what?" Farkle murmured

"So I may or may not have answered your phone when someone named Abuela called and she said she was dropping Lya of at the park. But then I told her my address and now they're both at the front door waiting!" I squealed.

"Also--who would name someone Abuela?" I asked making Farkle chuckle.

"Her name isn't Abuela, is Maria Estoia Montore Fiora Minkus, abuela means grandmother in spanish." Farkle laughed.

"Oh...that explains why she laughed when I said Mrs. Abuela. Oh well, get up Lya and your abuela probably think they got the wrong house. LETS GO, I wanna meet your famala!" I squealed.

"It's familia." Farkle laughed.

"WHATEVER, I'M WHITE AND STUPID--GET UP!" I giggled.

(A/N NOT TRYING TO BE RACIST. YES I HAPPEN TO BE BLACK BUT I LOVE ALL RACES, ESPECIALLY WHITE PEOPLE BECAUSE Y'ALL ARE GORGEOUS AF. MOST OF MY FRIENDS *except for like two* ARE NOT BLACK--SO DON'T BE OFFENDED)

Farkle got out bed and went into the bathroom. I leaped out the room and crashed down the stairs excitedly. I LOVE kids! Auggie has been in his room for like a week (probably stoned--I swear he is going to die of drugs before he's 15!) so I haven't had my dose of cute children in wayy too long!

I fixed my hair and opened the door excitedly. I smiled at the pair in front of me. Farkle's grandma look like she wasn't a day over 40. She had light brown hair that was up in a messy bun and minimal wrinkles near her eyes and neck. She was stout but tall so it didn't look bad 0n her--she also had the brightest smile and her cheeks were naturally rosy.

She smelt like baking bread and cherry tarts.

"Hi, you must be the nice girl I talked to on the phone. I'm Farkle's grandmother--call me Maria." Farkle's abuela smiled.

Her accent was really thick so it took about three full seconds to process what she said. I hope she didn't find that rude....or weird....or both. SPEAK RILEY--Normal people SPEAK.

"Hi, I'm Riley. And this must be Lya." I smiled looking down.

A short girl with bright pink cheeks and strawberry blonde hair smiled at me. Her hair were pulled into two pigtails that fell to her waist (that is some LONG hair) and she was about Auggie's height. She was a bit skinny but her face was round and plump and it made me wanna squeeze her cute little cheeks.

"¡Hola! Mi nombre es Alya! ¿Dónde está mi hermano?" Alya spoke in spanish.

(A/N-- Hi! My name's Alya! Where's my brother?)

I smiled at her and stooped her level.

"I'm sorry, I don't speak spanish." I laughed.

"Lya, la chica no habla español, prueba inglés." Abuela spoke.

(A/N-- Lya, the girl does not speak Spanish, try English)

"Sorry, sometimes I forget to trade back. I said: my name is Alya, where's my brother?!" She smiled looking around.

"He's upstairs, wanna come in?" I asked.

"Ok. Bye-Bye, abuela." Lya smiled.

"Bye, mija. Be good."