Epilogue

Riley's P.O.V

The sun shone brightly through the classroom window and I let out a sharp breath before tapping the chalkboard loudly in order to get the rowdy middle schooler's attentions.

"Quiet!" I yelled.

A hush came over the room and my favorite student, a brunette girl who always wore rather large bows sunk in her seat.

"Sorry, Mrs. Minkus. It's just that Inka isn't here and she's always here! I mean I know she's a 'wild-child' or whatever but she never misses school. She'd never cut class." The young girl vented without raising her hand, as per usual.

She sounded so much like me. I smiled at her and pulled my long brunette hair from my ponytail, practically seeing the 7th-grade boy's pupils turn to hearts.

"Actually I think she's bringing a new student to class--"

The door opened and Inka stormed through, angrily whipping her dyed blue hair. A boy with green eyes and black hair walked through the door reminding me of a certain someone. I smiled knowingly and after adjusting my wedding ring, I went to the chalkboard and wrote the words: Beautiful Disaster.

"What does that have to do with writing? What is it poetry?" The boy asked as the young girl, Arianna, looked at him almost too fondly.

"It's just a lesson that I think suits your arrival. Take a seat Fark-- Mr. Richmond. Behind Arianna please." I directed.

Inka looked at me as if I had just ordered ludicrous, but she didn't argue, only huffed "This is not going to end well,"

From experience, I know that that's not always a bad thing.

~~

"Honey, I'm home! Farkle?" I called, putting my sweater on the couch.

No response came so I just sighed and plopped on the couch, turning on the T.V. A video started playing and I furrowed my eyebrows. It was me and Farkle singing at Karaoke. My favorite song at the time. Music seemed to be coming from somewhere other than the T.V though. Confused, I turned off the T.V and as I had suspected, the song was still playing.

"Sometimes, the grass is greener--"

I turned my head to see Maya near the door singing into a toy mic. I laughed and was gonna ask what she was doing when more people came from down the stairs, from the bathroom, even from the kitchen. They all started singing. I covered my mouth as Farkle came down the steps, black suit on and red roses in hand.

"And that's what makes you my--" He sang alone.

"Beautiful...Beautiful...Beautiful!" The crowd of people sang.

"That's what makes you my--"

"Beautiful, beautiful....." The sang back.

"That's...what...makes you--"

"My beautiful love....." The song finished and Farkle stood in front me.

"If they had met us maybe they'd change the word 'love' to 'unofficial thing turned to immediate spouses' but that'd be too hard to write on paper." Farkle joked.

I laughed and wiped a tear grabbing the roses from him. I hugged him tightly.

"Happy Birthday, sweetheart. You deserve it. I mean you spent the last 4 ones with me for some reason." He chuckled.

"You're such an idiot," I sniffed laughing.

"And you're so very gorgeous. I'm glad I got moved to your school 5 years ago." He spoke.