Chapter 24

Ty’s P.O.V.

 The sky had gone dark along time ago and a sharp wind had picked up. I shrug further into my jacket and sit down at the base of a big tree trying to block the icy breeze and also staying hidden in its deep shadow.

I had been sat here for about two hours waiting for Rob to come back. To say I was worried about him would be an understatement; he has gone off on his own into what is the equivalent to enemy territory. I had tried to go along with him but he had refused, I was even close to making it an Alpha order but soon changed my mind since the last time I did it had caused him problems, I had decided that  I would avoid using it on Rob except when it was absolutely unavoidable. So here I sit waiting and picturing the worst.

 We had done a complete circle of the Clayton territory looking for the perfect location to breech their defences and get close to the pack house and we had found this place, which had the weakest scent from a patrol a lot earlier today. Rob was on foot so I knew that it would take him a while to get there and back and I wasn’t sure how Mary would take the news that a) he was her mate and b) there was a guy hell bent on killing her. So I figured I probably had a long while to go yet… if he hadn’t already been taken down by a pack patroller… I shake my head to get rid of such thoughts but I had heard a loud howl about half an hour ago and had nearly gone to check it out… but I had made a promise and I knew if Rob was in trouble he would signal me.

With my arms crossed over my chest and my legs stretched out in front of me I must look like the perfect picture of relaxation, I close my eyes and extend my hearing scanning the area around me and taking in the sounds of the forest. A fox rustles in the fallen leaves a few meters away and an owl swoops through the trees probably looking for prey, I extend my hearing further into the Clayton territory… faint footsteps… one…two... light footstep… female… three… four people altogether the remaining two male. Standing up again I melt back into the shadow of the tree and wait.

Rosie’s P.O.V.

We walked out into the woods following Rob. Much to Trey’s dislike him and Mary had become inseparable so she walked directly by his side hand in hand and he was helping her over fallen logs and picking her up to carry her across mud patches, personally I thought this was all very cute, but Trey was still untrusting and didn’t like that he couldn’t put distance between them. He had let me come along on two conditions 1) I would indicate if I felt in anyway ill or felt any sort of pain and 2) I would stay close to him and not be easily taken in. The second was an obvious indication that I should be careful around Ty, someone he obviously still didn’t trust, i'm still not sure that i do.

“How much further is it?” Trey questions interrupting their easy conversation, his voice guarded, constantly scanning his surroundings.

“Just through these trees there is a large oak, he should be there.” Rob replies as he wraps his arm around Mary’s waist and effortlessly lifts her over a large root. She doesn’t react, just keeps walking like it is the most normal thing in the world and my heart protests wanting the same thing. Sighing I continue on and they continue with their conversation.

“So why purple?” It’s rude to earwig but they are talking about Mary’s ‘transformation’ and since I haven’t asked her myself yet I’m intrigued.

“It was just an experiment really… sort of a rebellion against my parent’s rules… and purple’s cool.” She giggles. “Don’t you like it?”

“I never said that.” He says quickly. “I would like your hair whatever colour I was just curious it was a bit of a shock the first time I saw it. Was the nose piercing just more rebellion?” He chuckles.