Chapter 17

Rosie's P.O.V.

I storm through the hallways of the pack house rudely ignoring all that I pass and basically being a grumpy teenager, very unlike me, however I'm angry, so in my head that gives me an excuse to be this way. How dare she accuse me of such things, she is meant to be my best friend, who does she think I am? Some sort of heartless slut apparently. What's wrong with her?  It makes me slightly happier to think that she's crazy but that won't last. Turning corner after corner I finally reach my destination: the kitchen.

The freezers in this place are huge, they are the industrial stand-alone ones that in horror movies people store dead bodies in, standing on my tiptoes I reach down inside it and shuffle around the contents, sifting through the cheesecakes and the chocolate gateaux until my fingers brush against what I want.  Pulling it out triumphantly I sigh in pleasure... so sue me, when I'm upset I eat and I know for a fact that Mary does the same and she will be angrily munching on the rest of the breakfast I took her. I pull a spoon out of the cutlery draw and make myself comfortable on the kitchen counter to eat my cookie dough ice-cream, unattractively moaning slightly as the think cream melts on my tongue... bliss.

"Room for one more spoon?" I fly of the counter and nearly drop the tub of ice cream and my spoon clangs on the tiled floor as I stare into the face of the person who has caught me red handed. Putting the tub down on the counter I run into the arms of Oli.

"You scared the life out of me!" I chastise but I hold on tighter.

"I'm sorry Rosie, for everything." He whispers into the top off my head and without warning I start to cry. "Come on Ro don't cry. You're getting my jumper wet." He teases whilst holding me at an arm's length.

"Oh gosh I'm sorry." I say wiping at my eyes and then at his jumper. "It's been a hard few days, but Oli I've really missed you."

"I've missed you too. Now, I was being serious is there enough ice cream to share?"

"Of course grab a spoon." I say jumping back onto the countertop.

"Cook will kill you for sitting on his counters." Oli states before jumping up next to me. Cook isn't his real name it's Jamie but everyone calls him Cook, even his kids call him Cook.

"Well I have told Cook numerous times to bring in some stools or something but he doesn't listen so he will have to put up with my bum on his counters."

"So are you going to tell me what's wrong?" He asks gently and after taking a breath I let it all out, I tell him about my parents arguing, how I felt about Ty, the conversation I overheard, the night in the woods and finally my argument with Mary. It's like we had never been apart, like we had never fallen out and it's these moments that show you just how much you need someone in your life. Talking to Oli is easy, natural even and he listens until I stop talking and lets out a whistle.

"Wow, you have been up to a lot since we last spoke."

"Yeah. I'm not sure what to do next." I confess.

"Well it's simple really." I raise my eyebrow at him. "You have to tell Trey about what you heard." I sigh.

"Yeah, I do don't I? I tried Mary, she won't listen and that's her own fault. Now I have to take the issue to someone higher." I'm not relishing the thought of telling him this considering I lied to him about it only an hour ago when I said I had nothing else to tell him but maybe that fact won't register in the face of the information I'm going to give him. "Will you come with me?" I ask Oli, my eyes pleading.

"Of course, come on, let's get it over and done with." Reluctantly I put down the ice cream and place my feet on the floor.

"Now?" I question.