Chapter 23 (Part One)

Rosie's P.O.V.

Sat on the floor of the silent pack house kitchen, at three in the morning, me and Mary have created a picninc of sorts on the floor, with the door open to the back garden so the cool night breeze can sweep through the room, we have put together Philadelphia cheese toasties, brie and cranberry parcels  and then some extremely unhealthy junk food; topping it off with Cookie Dough flavoured Ben and Jerry’s, this was the first time we had really hung out since we had started talking and decided to put this all behind us and we are celebrating and going full out with a major girly sleepover with facemasks, chick flicks and a few cheeky glasses of wine which are already taking their course on me.

Luckily enough, for me and Mary, we had just gone straight back to normal with no lingering feelings of awkwardness between us, but that’s what best friends do and honestly I think this has made us stronger. I had missed her so much in the time that we hadn’t been talking that it felt like I had a lost a part of me.

 “So I think we should make a deal.” I state with my mouth full of cheese carrying on out loud the thoughts that were going on in my head.

  “Go on.” She prompts.

 “I don’t think we should ever let a guy come between us like that again.”

“No shit Sherlock, it so wasn’t worth it. I missed not having you to turn too when I had a problem or just wanted to talk and the worst of it was you were living under the same roof and we both felt like we had to keep our distance from each other, all because a boy thought he could mess with us.” I hadn’t seen Ty or any of his little followers since the night I escorted him from my property and Mary hadn’t seen him since before they were due to go on their ‘date’. We both felt extremely happy about this and the hope that they had all skipped town to avoid being served up as wolf chow was one that we both shared.

  “But I still think we should shake on it.” I say holding my hand out.

 “Deal.” She says with a grin and grabs onto my hand and shakes it vigorously which makes us both laugh. “So what’s next?” She asks lying flat out on the floor. “I’m stuffed.”

 “You haven’t even gotten to the mini quiche yet let alone the ice cream, how about we just sit here for a bit and wait until we get hungry again it’s bound to happen and I bet it’ll be in about half an hour.”

 “Like with Chinese food?”

  “Yeah, besides I think I’m too bloated to stand up.” I say which causes Mary to burst out laughing and roll around on the floor.

  “Stop it!” I shout at her. “You’ll ruin your hair! Not to mention your dress.” We had already started on the makeover procedure by doing each other’s hair while we waited for the food to cook, I had given Mary’s hair a lot of volume and then teased it into medium, loose, soft curls with her curling wand, I gathered together the top layer of curls on the back of her head and pinned them there with grips, the rest I left to cascade down her back and over her shoulders, at the front I curled the shortest of the strands and positioned them so they framed her face, then I threaded delicate white flowers into her re-dyed purple hair, long story short she looked amazing, and I was feeling very protective over my creation. Then when it was my turn Mary had gone in completely the opposite direction, she had straightened all of the waves out of my hair and then back combed it, it had volume and interest, my fringe swept to the side across my forehead just above my left eye and strands of hair flicked out just doing their own thing, my usual neat and tidy hair had been purposely messed up and it looked amazing as she sprayed my entire head with half a can of hairspray to make sure it stayed put. Truth be told I felt a bit like a rock chick and i had been strutting around like i was one.