Chapter 16

Expecting Trouble

"Are you absolutely sure about this?! If you're wrong, soldier, I will have your head!" Orthion Law screamed in rage.

"Yes, Master Law!" the soldier replied frightened at the certain possibility.

"Shit!" Orthion Law cursed and banged his fist on his desk, outraged. He sleeked his hair back to its usual tidy manner and straightened his coat.  He just as quickly composed himself back to his calm demeanor.

"Leave me be." Orthion Law shooed the soldier out of his grand headquarter 1 room. 

Law walked up to the tall windows and peered down at the military activities below.  

"Miss Shima, keeping Rina all to yourself, are we?" he questioned outloud.  "I'm coming and Hiratana will burn once again."  Law said with pure threat in his eyes.

Beginners at Love

POV Yuuna

I rose up from my bed, with cold sweat, disturbed. Disturbed that I had just dreamt about Rina and I - and not the ones where we frolic in the fields hand in hand!!  I slapped my cheeks to bring myself back to normal and to release any reminiscent recounts of my dream.  What would Lady Shima think of me!?

I quickly get up from my futon, to wash up and ready myself for the new day....with Rina.  I had to catch and stop myself from humming like an idiot while combing my hair.  Ever since Rina and I stopped cutting at each other's throats, all I could do now is think about her.

I slipped on my usual wear and decided to spend the early afternoon with Rina.  I walked out into the fresh air and could immediately predict beautiful weather.  I began to walk over to the dojo but stopped.  Is it weird of me to seek her out first? Will I seem desperate? I don't usually overthink things, so why am I right now?  I threw away my useless thoughts and continued to the dojo.

"Rina, are you awake?" I spoke in a loud whisper.

No answer.

"I was planning on late breakfast, would you like to join me?" I purposely spoke louder, expecting a response.

"Fine.  I shall go eat alone." I said in a disappointed tone on purpose.

"Nooo! Wait!" I could hear Rina bustling about behind the closed doors of the dojo.

Then the door opens and I find myself in a soft... nice embrace.  The smell of Rina was intoxicating.

"I'd love dinner. I mean breakfast." I hear Rina quickly correct herself, aware that 'dinner' triggers innuendos of last night.

We began to walk side by side to the village.  I am still considered Rina's escort but I could feel an overwhelming difference in the atmosphere between us.  It was new and it made me nervous because I did not know how to interpret it.

 But like always, Rina took the lead in the conversation.

"So, what should we eat?" she asked excitedly like a kid going to a candy store.

"Ms. Irohani has a very delicious selection, if you want to see." I could not help smile a little at Rina's cheeriness.

 We ordered jelly treats after our meal to treat ourselves and sat at the nearby bench. 

"Holy! These are to die for!" Rina exclaims and stuffs a huge bite.

"Aren't they!" I said excitedly because these were actually one of my favorites.