Chapter 8

Yay, the Yuuna x Rina scenes are still on there way ~

:-D  I hope you like

New Perspective
POV Rina

I wait for the sword to come down, expecting myself to see oblivion and end life as I know it.  Until I hear a voice screaming to stop, no, not any voice... her voice.  A figure kneels in front of me, protecting me from harms way.  Yuuna, she's begging for my life and it works.  I've never been so close to actually dying and I've never been so relieved at the same time.  My life is going in loops.

The Demon Lady sheaths her katana and turns to leave with her two guards.

"Can you stand?" she asks.

I use my little energy to lift myself from the ground.  My legs are still a bit shaken from what just happened.  I steady myself.  "Yep, apparently I still can."

"This way" she says and begins to walk down a gravel path.  I follow close behind with my hands still tied behind my back.

After long seconds of silence I finally interrupt, "Thank you for what you did back there."

"I was merely repaying my debt," she states matter of factly.

"Well, thank you for being honorable then," I reword my gratitude.

".... You're welcome," she finally accepts and begins to walk a little faster.

We continue walking down the path until we reach a village.  I can see many busy bodies of civilians and soldiers going about there business.  It's like watching ants, each and every one productive and focussed to a accomplish a larger task.  As we walk through, I notice that it's very different compared to the high tech headquarter 3.  Children were still playing with wooden swords in the open grass, trees were tall, and flowers were abundant.  It was definitely a scenery I was not accustomed to but somehow oddly nostalgic.

"We're here," she interrupts my state of awe.

"Where?" I snap back into reality.  Before us, was a long one story house in the outer skirts of the village we just walked by. 

"This is the place I conduct my work and train, and also where you will be staying," she says.

I'm so confused. I was expecting some sort of prison or horse stable at best. You know, the type of places that make sleeping a living hell, with food being borderline inedible?  And this woman is inviting me into a pretty nice looking house? Did I miss something here? Not that I wouldn't mind...

"Whaa...what? Are you sure this is the smartest idea?" I ask in surprise.

She cocks an eyebrow. "We do not have prisons and you are my responsibility now.  If you try to escape, you have to kill me, which I assure you will not happen and there are many in the village who can fight. And even if you manage to get that far, you cannot navigate your way out of Hiratana territory.  Your chances are impossible."  She says it like a fact and it's true.  She slides the door open and removes her sandals.  I do the same and enter.

Headquarter 3

"Mr. Eros! Could you elaborate on how this could have happened?!?!" screamed Master Law.  He had heard the news of Rina's disappearance and came rushing to headquarter 3. 

"Our units were ambushed and she must have been a victim of the attack. Only a minor setback." Master Eros' replied more like a question.

"Minor?! This 'ambush' will set us back a whole week! Our plans are askew and SHE is gone, you know Mr. Eros, what she is worth!? I do not give you my best to kill off!" Master Law was losing his cool demeanor.