Chapter 14

*CAUTION*: There are A LITTLE more explicit scenes ahead.  Do not read if uncomfortable.  Otherwise... read it! >:D 

I'm possibly pushing the PG-13 limit here (and in future chapters), so if anyone has a problem just post and I'll revise the scenes, don't report it plz ~ lol  XD

(You can tell I'm majorly procrastinating but I'll have to get back to studying soon, sooo enjoy this chapter until I get the time to write more ~  )

Unexpected Invite

POV Rina

I finally retire to the dojo after a long day of walking with Taki.  His company is so pleasant but I miss Yuuna....poking fun at her and watching her reactions put me in such high spirits.  I look at the floor downcast, wishing that she would come to me eventually to even just talk.  The distance between us seems to keep growing larger and as it does, my heart aches even more.  I'm such a fool.  A stupid, utterly in love, fool.

I hear my stomach growl.  Goodness, I've forgotten about dinner.

I hear a quiet knock on the door. 

I wonder who it is.... "Come in!"

I am surprised to see Yuuna standing before me.  I just stare, not really knowing what she's doing here.

"Have you eaten?" she asks.

"No....not yet," I simply answer.

"If you would like, you may join me for dinner at my place.  I seem to have made too much food.  I have enough for two." She says unsurely, clearly not used to asking others for company.  It's always been me wanting hers.

"Sure, that sounds nice." I reply.

I follow her out of the dojo towards her home, wondering what this is all about.

When the Flower Blossoms

POV Yuuna

I lead her to my house and permit her inside.  After my visit to Lady Shima, I decided to at least make an effort to converse with Rina.  However, asking her to dinner was so embarrassing and unlike me.  I sigh, knowing that it is too late now to go back on my plans.

We sit down across from each other at the table and begin to eat.  I actually went out of my way to cook my best dishes tonight, so I hope she likes it.

There is such an awkward silence and all I can hear is the clacking of our chopsticks and the chewing of my food.  Rina usually does the talking because I am no good at it.

She just sits there eating conservatively like a complete stranger.  It is so different from her usual self.  Ever since our fight, she has been acting so cold by avoiding eye contact and cutting her sentences short.  I may not show it, but her behaviour towards me...is painful.

"So...how have the outings been with Mr. Taki?" I try to say casually.

"They have been enjoyable, he's a good escort."

Those words hurt.  "I am happy that you have found a new escort." I say, trying to hide the sourness in my voice.

"Now that I have a new escort, I will not be troubling you any longer." She says without emotion.

How can she say that with a straight face?!  The food in my mouth turns bland and I clench my teeth, enraged.

"Yes, it was a little troubling and I am sure he is better than me." I spout words I do not mean, letting my jealousy show.