Chapter 5

Sorry for being so very SLOW with my postings, just finished midterms >,<''

Feel free to write more comments and I'll try to write more often! ~ <3 Enjoy!

Hiratana's Surprise
POV Yuuna

"So we will proceed with this plan and surprise the oncoming Orthion army, is this clear?"

"Yes Miss Yuuna!" the fifty eight Hiratana soldiers replied in unison.

"Good, now go rest and prepare, my friends." Yuuna says in a softer tone.

The Hiratana soldiers dispersed from the huddle and went to their tents.  Yuuna gives an exhausted sigh. She sits on a nearby rock to polish her sword and gets lost in her thoughts...

Lady Shima, I hope our plan goes well tonight... please pray for our victory.  I will not allow that Orthion woman to make a mockery out of the Hiratana army, she will fall this time!

Orthion's Travel
POV Rina

"Can we PLEASE stop!! My thighs are screaming and I can no longer feel my ass, which is not a good sign," Sarah complains. I hand what's left of my water cantine over to Sarah.

"Thanks Rina," she smiles and gladly takes it.

"Unbelievable Sarah, you're the captain and thus, should be the last person to voice a complaint!" Michelle narrows her eyes at Sarah. Despite Michelle's comment, Sarah turns around and shouts,

"Listen up soldiers! We will set up camp for tonight and continue early at sunrise!"

"I hope that was not for selfish reasons" Michelle glares at Sarah.

"Yes and no. I'm sure all the soldiers are tired and it would be futile to continue covering ground. And you too are starting to look fatigued Michelle. Those boulders provide good cover and if I am correct, there should be a river nearby where we can fill up our cantines."  Michelle and I suddenly gape at Sarah's unexpected captain-like logic.

Michelle couldn't dispute that so she walked away to set her bag down and begin to make her tent.

By sundown, all the tents are set up and I decide to take a small stroll to the river.  As I walk on the boulders, I peer down from a ledge to see that it is actually quite a steep and very bumpy way down to the river.  "Damn" I curse outloud. I contemplate whether the effort to climb down is worth filling my cantine or I could use intimidation to get one of the soldiers to do it..... hmmm... nah, that'd be mean. "Down it is," I sigh.

At that moment I suddenly hear a rustle from the leaves and many footsteps.  It can't be... Hiratana soldiers!

The Hiratana soldiers emerge from their hiding place and then I see her. However, this time she is not covering herself and I can see her elegant white robe.

"Leave her to me, everyone else proceed as planned!" I hear Yuuna order the soldiers.

She stands two metres away, looking directly at me as the rest of the Hiratana soldiers ignore my presence and head in the direction of our campsite. She slowly draws her katana.

"Draw your blade, Orthion!" she says.

The sight of her stirs up many conflicting emotions. I am worried for my comrades but at the same time, I feel strangely content just standing and looking at her. I have convinced myself that my never ending thoughts of her are because of her amazing swordsmanship.  So if I defeat her, my mind will be at peace and I will stop acting so weirdly.  I draw my blade and hold it in preparation for the fight which I will win.

Fight 2 (P.O.V. back and forth between Yuuna and Rina)

POV Yuuna

There she is...that Orthion woman.  Being so mindless once again to stray away from her camp.  Why is she staring so intensely at me...with those deep blue eyes. I avoid eye contact. I wonder why I feel so uncomfortable? I shake it off and get my act together.

"Draw your blade, Orthion!" I say.

I see her lost in thought and then she slowly unsheiths her sword. Her eyes all of a sudden look more focussed like a predator eyeing its prey.

I decide to make first strike, I run at her with my sword and the fight begins.

She parries most of my attacks.  She's fast and more concentrated than our last encounter but I still think she lacks technique.  She takes a few swings at me but I easily side step them.  My katana has an obvious advantage in range.

All that is heard is the clashing of our blades and the river current below us.  I see an opening! I slash at her right arm and draw blood.

 _________

POV Rina

"Ah!" I say. This is not looking good for me. My right arm is compromised and that damn katana makes it impossible to get near her!  What should I do... if this keeps up, Hiratana's commander is gonna have my head sliced cleanly off my body. I see her step forward for another attack but before she does I do something no swordsman would do.

I throw my sword at her, forcing her to block it. I take advantage of her surprised state. Before she can swing her katana, I grab her wrist, twist it, and slap the sword out of her grasp. The sword flies out of her hands near the ledge of the cliff, out of reach.

She's a little shocked at what just happened and I can't blame her. No one would expect another to throw a sword at them...

She takes a hand to hand combat stance and so do I.  I dodge her first few punches and manage to forcefully push her away. Seems I've gained the upper hand with my bigger frame.

_________

POV Yuuna

"Mmph" I stammer and move back.  I regain my footing.  The Orthion woman is far stronger in hand to hand combat... I cannot win without my katana.  Trying to out-muscle her is not a possibility.  I glance at my katana near the ledge of the cliff; if I can make a dash and retrieve it than I will be in favour.  Oh Lady Shima, please pray that this will work!

I make a run for my katana and see that the Orthion woman started to move too.  I am able to pick it up but that's when I hear the earth below me give in and feel myself falling to the rocks beneathe.