xviii. Their Dirty Little Secret...The SCAM

The Situation--

A user, not following me and I not following her, read one of my poems and only voted…okay fine no problem.

My Reply,

Thank! you for voting on  (name of the piece),  Glad you found something you like.

Her Reply,

No problem.  I hope you will do the same for my work.

The first one I got, EVER...and hopefully the last, so it Better Be!

ARE YOU FREAKIN’ KIDDING ME?!

The way I took this, was exactly how it was meant for me to take it!!  Between the Lines…she was trying to lure me into the secret world of Vote Trading; she could have cared less about the piece of mine she voted on!

My Main genre is Poetry.  She was reading Full Stories and had one partially written Story on her page at the time.  So how come she picked a quick simple easy poem of mine to read instead of one of my Full length stories, something closer to her own genre of write and preferred reading…without thinking you head for works in your main genre to read first, right?  I certainly do.

It wouldn’t surprise me if she really DIDN’T read it all, just voted on it in hopes that in the event I responded, which I did, I could be swayed out of guilt/indebtedness into voting on her Sole Unfinished 2-page story, regardless of the quality of her work!

I find the shady tactic a new low beyond DISRESPECTFUL….

Hey…Lets get things UNTWISTED! I DESPISE VOTE TRADING! SO DON’T APPROACH ME WITH!!  I consider it an UNFAIR and UNEITHICAL practice. 

Secondly I don’t purposefully track down other users to grovel and beg for votes and reads!!  YOU (person who made that comment to me) stumbled upon me and my works and made the decision to Pretend to read it and then vote on it to lure me into TRADING a vote with you!!  HEY!  That Place, Where the Sun Don’t Shine…this time YOU read between the lines, you know what I’m saying you can do with  that shady scam of yours then…right?!

Look…

For Those of you who do this and Genuinely Don’t Realize the Utter Disrespect left in the wake of using this tactic…PLEASE Stop!

For Those of you who do this KNOWING and then NOT CARING about the Utter Disrespect left in the wake of using this tactic…STOP IT!!

Others who stumble upon this page or who are following this book will read about this shady tactic and will be watching for you, now that they‘ve been clued in that Some of you VOTE TRADE ON PURPOSE knowing its WRONG!

Duplication Not Allowed Without Permission.