xvi. Partial Honesty

The Situation--

Partial Honesty Comments…

A writer posted an Intro Poem that was written to give an idea as to what future poems would be centered around.  The writer had a stanza where the (g) on words ending with (ing) was dropped and replaced with an apostrophe.  The Poem was mostly free verse, it rhymed, and had a nice flow.  I enjoyed the piece…voted and commented.

Another writer later came along and mentioned they Did Like the piece BUT then in the same breath, began over-analyzing the decision to remove the (g) from the words in an attempt to seemingly Make the words in the stanza rhyme.

I Try to stay out of other’s business here but when the comment mentioned roughly the piece lacked Sophistication because of the intentional dropping of the (g) on certain words, I couldn’t help it! I had to jump in it! Especially given my main genre is Poetry of a unique type--collage style I would say on a now extreme Deviant level as far as grammar and punctuation is concerned.  I Defended the writer’s decision to drop the (g) with this follow up comment: 

"…rhymed and unrhymed words in poetry can co-exist in harmony in a poem if meshed in the right way.  Poetry is NOT about sophistication it’s about the author’s thoughts and feelings at the time the work was written as well as the meanings or messages within the piece the author was trying to convey.  Poetry is unique, authors of it have their own style when it comes to composing it although similarities among them are possible.  It’s just a matter of what style of poetry is suited to the readers’ taste…"

It is possible that the over-analyzing writer may have meant well but just picked a choice of word(s) that was seen more of as an insult by me and the writer of the poem in question.  If your comment seems at all like it might be offensive or if you are unsure that your comment will be seen as offensive, PM the person!  I do it all the time…PM the writer about something that I feel is off/confusing about their piece, with the exception of minor spelling errors, which  the majority of us don’t mind being pointed out in public but a comment of that nature should have been PM-ed to the writer.  ECole789.

Duplication Not Allowed Without Permission.