Chapter 9

Chapter 9

"This little baby, she means the world to me..."

***

We watched a few movies, and evetually fell asleep. I woke up at about eight-thiry the next morning, and laughed at the sight which was before me. I had fallen asleep on the couch, like a normal person, and apparently Austin and Alan had fallen asleep on the ground without a blanket, so they were cuddled together, and I just couldn't miss this picture perfect moment, so I whipped out my phone and snapped a quick photo before laying a blanket over the boys.

I began making breakfast once Kenadee woke up. She helped me crack the eggs, and she stirred everything in the bowl while I made bacon for the boys. When it was finished, I glanced over at Kenadee, and I could've sworn in that moment, she looked exactly like her father. I smiled weakly, and wiped a single tear I hadn't realized was slipping down my cheek.

"Bree? Are you alright?" She asked, a concerned look on her face. God, she even made the same faces as him. She took after him so much, and I couln't help but just break down and cry once more. I sobbed silently, and she sat down next to me and hugged me. "I miss him too." She whispered.

I wrapped my arms around her tightly, and pulled her close to me as I wiped my face. "You look just like him." I said, smiling once again. I stood up, and pulled her up with me. She went and sat at the table just as the guys woke up and came in the kitchen. I set the plates of food on the table, and the three of them dug straight in. I giggled, and sat down in the open seat.

"I heard you talking to her about Mitch." Austin leaned close to me and whispered, while Alan and Kenadee were in deep discussion about his hair.

"Oh, yeah?" I replied, turning to him.

"Are you okay?" He asked, putting a hand on my shoulder. I nodded, pulling out my phone once more. I got up from the table, and walked to my room silently, pressing the phone app. I opened up my voicemails and pressed the same voicemail that I always had whenever I was ever upset.

"Hey, Bree. I'm gonna be home in a few days! I know you're probably asleep, but I needed to make sure I called you again today. We had a great set! I'm so pumped, this tour is amazing. I miss you, and I heard about you and Craig. Listen, sweetie, he never deserved you. I wish I could be there with you to comfort you, but obviously I can't. I miss you and Kenadee," It always made me chuckle that he didn't say that he missed Jolie, "I'll be home in two days! I know you'll find your own way when I'm not with you tonight." And that's where it ends. I composed myself, and put on a smile. That always made me happy, no matter what was happening. I walked back out to the kicthen table, where Alan and Kenadee were still arguing about Alan's hair, and whether he was a princess or not. I took my place once more, and Austin gave me a quizzical look. I just handed him my phone, and he pressed play, and held it up to his ear. He smiled after a moment.

"He always said that when I was sad or upset." I chuckled, and he nodded, giving me a tight hug.

"Kenadee! Come out to the car with me, I wanna show you what I got Bree for Christmas from you and me." He said, walking toward the door, her following eagarly behind. As soon as they got out the door, Alan turned to me with a huge grin on his face.

"What?" I asked,

"Will you go on a date with me?" He asked, suddenly standing by my side.

------------------

Sorry for the long time in between updates! Just been busy. I'll get better about it, I promise!