Chapter 6

Chapter 6

"You've got a lot to say for the one who pushed me away...."

****

I woke up at about 6:30 in the morning because someone was banging on my front door. I untangled myself from a sleeping Alan, and made my way to the door sleepily. I opened it, and scowled at the person who'd been making such a ruckus at this hour.

I studied the face of the man in front of me, and scoffed. "What do you want? I have two sleeping kids in here right now!" I barked.

"Wow, you've been busy since you left me, Briana." Jake smirked.

"Bree, who's at the door?" I heard Alan ask as he walked up behind me.

"There was a fucking reason I left you, asshole." I whisper-shouted.

"Who's the kid?" Jake pointed at Alan, who was now standing right behind me, with one hand on my lower back.

"That's my friend, Alan." I replied, harshly.

"Are the kids his?" he chuckled.

"Why are you here? It's six-thirty in the goddamn morning!" I hissed.

"I came to give my deepest condolences to you." He smirked.

"And why would you do that?" I laughed loudly.

"Bree?" I heard a small, sleepy voice behind me.

I turned around, and saw Kenadee rubbing her eyes in the doorway of my bedroom. "I'm sorry, sweetie. Alan'll tuck you back in. We'll try not to be so loud." I said, and Alan nodded hesitantly, then went to put the child back to bed.

"You never did tell me why you left me, Bree." Jake said as I turned to him once again.

"You cheated on me throughout our entire relationship. I caught you multiple times, you idiot." I snapped.

"I never cheated on you! If anything, you cheated on me with that faggot you always hung around. Where's he now? why isn't he here instead of that retard." He was referring to Alan as the 'retard.'

"Mitch is dead." I said, blankly. It's kind of routine to say now.

"Ha!" he boomed. "Probably killed himself. Damn emo faggot."

"Motorcycle accident." I said under my breath. "You should leave," I said louder.

"And who's gonna make me?" he asked.

"The police, who're gonna be here any moment."

"Who called the police?" he asked, an just then, two police officers came up the stairs. I smirked once again, and Alan came back out to the hallway with us.

"Sir, we're going to have to ask you to leave. There have been multiple complaints about someone banging on doors, and being loud in the hallway." One of the policemen said.

Jake gave me a cold look, then nodded, following the officers downstairs. Almost immediately, the door across the hall opened, revealing a concerned looking Mrs. Hallbauer. "I never liked that boy." She chuckled. I shook my head and laughed.

"Thank you, Mrs. Hallbauer." I said, and hugged her. She hugged me back, and nodded. We went back into our apartments.

Alan and I laid back down on our makeshift beds. "Who was that guy?" he asked.

"My ex." I answered.

"He seemed like a dick." He laughed. I nodded, and chuckled.

"He is."

We both yawned once again, and he pulled me close to him, both of us falling asleep once again, rather quickly.

------

Hey, guys! sorry it's kinda short but I'm kinda tired. Tell me what you guys think! do you like it?