Open Feelings

Jason

"Did you know that jelly fishes have no brain, heart or bones?" I told Amber and she frowned at me.

"So technically, they're not fishes." I added and she let out a laugh.

"You still do that thing." She nodded.

"What thing?" I asked.

"When you're ridiculously nervous, you state unimportant facts." She laughed before walking towards me.

"It wasn't unimportant, I was just telling you about jellyfishes." I rolled my eyes before stuffing my hands in my pocket.

"You seriously have nothing to be nervous about."

"The entire senior class and their entire family is going to have their eyes on me while I try to give a speech on how high school was the best, but in reality it was fucking awful."

My mother is going to be in that crowd.

"Senior year wasn't awful." She shrugged and I rolled my eyes.

"You tried to murder someone."

"With cinnamon, I didn't know she was going to react that way." She replied and I shook my head.

"No, you almost killed her. Don't make excuses."

"I'm not, just stating a fact." She replied before fixing the cap on her head.

"I have a question for you." I told her as she read through her flash cards one more time.

By the time she gets to her speech, she'll probably have it memorized.

"Which is?"

"Why were you so keen on us being together at the beginning of the school year?"

She let out a little laugh and turned to look at me.

"I was kind of obligated to." She shook her head.

"You are the most popular guy in school, I'm the most popular girl. We're destined to be together." She explained with an eye roll and I nodded.

"Just like you felt obligated to throw a party every single weekend or not date a girl for more than a few weeks. I was obligated to be a bitch, date the hottest guy in school and be a bitch to anyone who tried to date this said guy."

"It's your life, live it the way you want. And if people don't like it they can suck it." I told her. Not to long ago, Casey gave me that exact speech.

"I think I'll start as soon as graduation is over." She smiled and I nodded.

"So you didn't have feelings for me then right?" I clarified.

"No, did you?" She asked and I shook my head.

"No, I just wanted to make sure because I was kind of a dick to you." I explained and she nodded.