My Terms

I was the first person in Mr. Pilot's class on Monday morning.

I went to my seat and took out my homework and class notes.

I canceled tutoring with Jason this morning so that I could sleep in a little. I woke up with a sore throat and I didn't feel like getting out of bed just yet. So I texted him and he agreed.

Not long after, Katie and Adam came in and took their seats. I'm not really buddy- buddy with them. They too were in my apartment without my permission and they left it trashed. But the real person I'm angry at is Maddison.

"Hi." Katie said reluctantly.

"Hi." I responded in a croaky tone.

"You sound-"

"Don't say it." I interrupted and he rolled his eyes.

Jason walked in with two cups of coffee in his hands. He placed one on my desk and he reached down to kiss me but I stopped him.

"I have a sore throat." I crinkled my nose.

"You're sick?" He asked and I rolled my eyes.

"I am now."

"Your logic behind that makes no sense. If you're sick then you're already sick. Me saying the word sick isn't going to make you more sick." He said before taking his seat.

"I know what will make you feel better." Katie said and I took a sip of my coffee.

"Thank you." I said to Jason and he nodded.

"Do you have cough drops?" I asked Katie.

"No, but I do have pictures of puppies on my phone." She smiled and I smiled.

"Show me." I demanded and she handed me her phone.

"Speaking of puppies, one of the pups got adopted." Adam said and I looked at him.

"Was it Beastly?" I asked.

"Who the hell is Beastly?" He asked and Jason chuckled.

"The really chubby one."

"You named him?" Adam asked and I nodded.

"I named all of them." I confessed and Katie snickered.

I might have a small problem.

"Well it wasn't Beastly. It was the one with the big floppy ears."

"Oh, you mean Dumbo." I said and he rolled his eyes.

"Who adopted Dumbo?"

"Actually, it was the Hendersons. He'll be a Christmas present for Garrett." Adam answered and my mouth went agap.

"What a lucky kid."

Maddie and Tyler walked in the room and I turned to Katie.

"Your Christmas present came in the mail on Saturday." I said and she squealed.

"What'd you get me?" She asked and Maddie and Tyler took their seats.

Everyone slowly looked at me but I ignored their looks and turned to Katie.

"Patience is a virtue." I smiled.

"Don't you dare say anything about patience." Jason said.