Office Visits

Casey

I let out a frustrated sigh and I picked up my notebook and pens from the desk.

This is the third time that Jason has flaked on me and our tutoring session.

I get that he's mad at me, really I do. By it's common curtsy to send me a stupid text to tell me that he is not going to show up.

But then again, if he didn't show up on Monday and Wednesday, why would he show up on today?

With a huff I placed my backpack on my shoulder and made my way towards history.

When I walked inside there was only a few students here, including Jason.

Unbelievable.

I walked to my seat and sat down in a huff. He didn't even move a muscle.

I turned to look at him and he kept his gaze towards the front and I let out a frustrated sigh.

We haven't talked in almost a week. We go to the same school, have two classes together and lunch, we live in the same apartment complex, right next to each other and he has managed to avoid me.

And the thought depresses me. Does he not want to know why I called her? Does he not care? Does he not miss me? Us?

Moving a strand of hair behind my ear I whispered.

"I'm really sorry."

This is stupid and it probably won't make a difference.

"You won't even let me explain." I added after a moment of silence. Adam and Katie walked in an I let out a sigh before running my hands through my hair.

Ignoring the couple as they took their seats, I whispered to Jason.

"I called her because-"

"Stop talking." Jason instructed with a chilling glare.

If I didn't know him as well as I did, I would've been intimidated.

"Well you won't talk to me." I told him and he turned to face the front again.

Letting out a sigh I turned to face the front.

***

Waiting impatiently outside of Mr. Avery's classroom, I scanned the hallway for Jason.

I tried speaking to him in public and he didn't respond, maybe he will if we speak in private.

Spotting him walking behind a teacher, I got into position to grab his arm. Counting to ten , I reached out and grabbed his arm.

Using all of my body strength, I pulled him inside.

"What the-" He called in surprise. Once he noticed it was me, he composed himself and tried to leave. But I quickly got in front of the door.

"I don't have time for this." He stated monotoned. He stepped forward and tried to open the door but I pushed my back against it.

The distance between us was slim to none and I let out a small sigh.

That's the closest we've been since Sunday.

"Move." He ordered.

I looked up into his vibrant blue eyes and plead.