No Jellyfish Emoji

"She lives." I smiled as Katie walked to her seat.

"Barely." She sighed before running her hands through her hair.

"Then why didn't you stay at home?" I frowned.

"Oh, I'm not sick anymore. I just have a chocolate hangover." She smiled and Adam chuckled.

"Did you eat the entire box?" He asked.

"Absolutely not." She shook her head. "But I ate enough."

She let out a sigh before turning around to face me.

"So?" She wiggled her eyebrows at me and I frowned.

"So what?"

"What did you and Jason do? I need to know, you guys are my ship. I need to know." She grinned and I rolled my eyes.

"We didn't do anything." I told her and she glared at me.

"Don't lie."

"I'm not lying. Lizzie got sick and he was with her yesterday. He's still with her today." I said pointing to the empty seat next to me.

"But he did get me flowers and a jar of Nutella before he left." I smiled.

"Is Lizzie okay?" She asked and I nodded.

"Appendicitis. She wasn't feeling good on Saturday but she woke up vomiting on Sunday so her dad took her to the hospital. Had the surgery yesterday evening." I explained.

"She should be coming home today." I nodded.

"Well I'm glad she's okay." Katie smiled.

Maddie walked in and took her seat before turning and facing me.

"I hate me." She said and I raised an eyebrow at her.

"I was planning on texting you last night but I went into a chocolate coma at seven and I didn't wake up until this morning." She sighed and I laughed.

"So you have to tell me how your Valentine's Day went." She said. "Right now before the bell rings."

"You are both so nosy." I rolled my eyes.

"We are hopefully going on a date today. I will fill you in then." I told them.

"Is this really what you guys do?" Tyler asked and I turned to face him.

"Who invited you into this conversation?" I asked and he let out a sigh.

"Every time we make progress." He shook his head.

"Dude, you think you make progress. She still hates you." Adam said beside me and I turned to face him. 

"This is why we're friends. You're not an imbecile." I told Adam.

"I taught him everything he knows." Katie said before winking at Adam.

"Sure you did." He said sarcastically.