Homecoming Weekend Part II

Smoke and Mirrors by Imagine Dragons.

Listen to this song first. It will make part of this chapter less confusing.

P.S.: If you've never seen Oculus  then this chapter kinda spoils the entire ending.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This book is not about stars. One would think with the tittle The Fault in our Stars would involve stars.

Nope.

This is a book about a girl who's on the verge of dying, but isn't. And she's falling in love with a perfect boy who has one leg.

And I hate Maddie and Katie for making me read it because now I'm falling in love with this nonexistent perfect boy with one leg.

I heard someone knock on the door and I let out a sigh. Not putting the book down I walked to the door and opened it. Reluctantly I looked up from the pages and looked up to find Jason.

"Hi." I said with a smile.

"Hi. I need your help." He said and I opened the door and he walked in.

"Which one?" He asked holding up two ties.

"Hold on." He said handing me the ties. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a two bowties.

"Tie or bowtie?" He asked.

"Tie, bowtie's too fancy for homecoming." I told him.

"Okay, now which tie?" He said grabbing the two ties from my hand.

I looked at the two and analyzed his options. One tie was light blue and the other was a minty blue/green.

"That one." I said pointing to the second one.

"Thank you." He said and I nodded.

"How was the party after I left?" I asked him.

"Same as always. Underage drinking, bad music and a whole lot of regret it the morning." He answered with a shrug.

"Then why do you throw parties?" I asked with a frown. With the tone he described it, it sounds like he's annoyed by the fact he throws parties.

"Because it's expected."

"What is?" I asked.

"I'm the quarterback and the most popular guy in school. It's expected of me to throw raging parties, and be a player, and be an asshole." He answered.

"So?" I said looking him in the eyes.

"It's your life, live it the way you want to. And if people don't like it, they can suck it." I told him.

"It's not that easy Casey."

"It is that easy Jason." I said. "Just be yourself." I told him with a shrug. Jason let out a laugh and shook his head at me.