Stuck On You

Ryland *P.O.V*

"Two tickets for Catching Fire, please?"

Alright Ryland, don't freak out. It's just you... and a very good friend... going to see a movie. It's fine, so fine.

"Dear?" The old lady behind the glass wall knowingly looks at me, catching me in my vulnerable state. She sneaks me a quick wink when Brooke skips away to fawn over the movie posters to the side. "She's cute." She acknowledges, then hands me two adult tickets for our movie... because that's what we are now... adults.

Brooke walks back with a huge grin on her face. She's almost leaping with joy as we enter the world's smallest movie theater. It's so run down that when it's raining outside, it literally pours inside the theater rooms... and that's why Angler's theater invests in thousands of buckets from Wal-Mart.

"I'm so excited!" Brooke's squeals ecstatically. "This is my favorite book in the series!" The constant smile on her face is enough for me to manage a smirk of my own. Brownie points for me!

We settle in a comfortably located row. Surprisingly, we're the only ones here, beside a few nerdy looking dudes sitting directly in the front.

"This is nice." I start to fill in the awkward silence. Brooke hasn't taken her eyes off of me, and, although I love the attention, I wonder why.

"Very nice." She nods in approval and giggles as the nerdy boys stand up and start dancing to the music playing. "Thanks, Ryland."

"My pleasure, Brooke." I honestly reply, feeling exceptionally proud of myself. The lights dim, and the previews start rolling, but because it's not crowded, we still continue talking.

"Ma'am?" Brooke and I jump out of our conversation to find a worker who looks around our age standing in the aisle. I raise my eyebrows in question, wondering why he's pointing a stick thing at Brooke. She, on the other hand, looks startled with the creepy boy who obviously has a thing for her. "You've won a poster, ma'am."

I roll my eyes in annoyance at the slight blush on Brooke's cheek. Right before she grabs the poster, I reach my hand out and snatch it away, "Thanks." I bitterly state. "You really shouldn't have." I draw it out in the most sarcastic tone ever and shoot him a menacing glare, hoping he'll finally leave us alone.

He widens his eyes in fright and scurries away. I puff my chest out, loving the fact that I'm the Alpha male around here, and fall to rest against the seat. Brooke hasn't said a word though. She just keeps staring at me... but I'm strangely okay with that.

Brooke *P.O.V*

I could hardly contain my excitement as I shove my poster under the seat and turn back to Ryland. He gives me a cheesy smile as the credits start rolling. 

"That's a great book!" I squeal at one of the previews.

"You would know." Ryland jokes and I playfully smack his arm.

Then the actually movie comes on and I can't contain a loud shout of glee. The two guys in the front look at me disapprovingly and I hide my blush by burying my face in Ryland's shoulder. My stomach flutters when he pats my head as I sit back up. For a second a just stared at him. But then Katniss came on screen and I was sucked into the movie once again.

After a little while I had squealed quite a few more times. 

"No! He loves you!" I cry out tearing up as the scene plays out.

"Are you crying?" Ryland whispers with a laugh.

"Shut up." I say.

I wipe the tears away and take a deep breath. I really should've seen this the first time with Kaylee. She usually appreciates my fan-girling. At least more than Ryland does it seems. I feel an arm wrap around my shoulders stiffly and my heart starts racing. I look at Ryland and he smiles awkwardly. It was very awkward but still really cute. So I leaned closer and snuggled under his arm. He seemed to greatly relax after that. 

Finally the credits roll and I jump up from my seat clapping and dancing. Ryland laughs hysterically as we exit the theatre my dance party still in tow.

"Race ya!" I shout running towards his car.

For a moment I think he keeps walking making me look crazy. But before I know whats going on hands shove me and he slaps the front of his truck seconds before I do.

"I win!" He shouts running around and picking me up.

Everyone in the whole parking lot is watching us. Though for some reason when I'm with him it doesn't really matter. He puts me down and steps closer. I know he's about to kiss me. Was I really ready? My thoughts race and then I do something stupid.

"I should head home." I whisper shakily.

Ryland gives me a strange and steps back. I give him an awkward smile and get in his truck. I feel kind of bad that I ruined another perfect moment. 

Sadly, he was probably used to it by now.