Stupid Girl

*Kaylee P.O.V.*

The relationship of Brooke and Ryland was literally a tragedy in the making.

I remember the first time we saw his ocean blue eyes and his shaggy blonde hair. I guess you could say that he was "slightly" attractive, and he was an "okay" drummer, but his personality was as dead as the skunk we hit on the side of the road. Quite frankly, he kind of smelled too.

I honestly used to think that they would make the cutest little children with the prettiest eyes, but ever since he ripped her fragile heart out and smashed it into the cold ground... well now, I just kind of think he's a douche. Ryland Royal and his stupid friend Sean Lewis just seriously need to get over themselves. Yeah, they might be slightly popular, and cute, and musically inclined... but what was Brooke thinking in falling in love with Ryland, of all people? Ryland and Sean appear to be so incapable of having real feelings. I'm convinced that they're both big bad wolves ready to gobble up innocent teenage girls like her. Brooke can act like such a stupid girl sometimes.

Now, don't get me wrong, I love Brooke like a sister. It kills me that a guy like Ryland could instantly hurt her with a snap of his fingers. Before, she would talk all night about how he would compliment her outfit of the day or call her beautiful or just be there to talk to her. In freshman year, she absolutely believed and promised that she wouldn't be interested in guys until at least college... that all changed with Ryland.

He waltzed right in and captivated my dear best friend's heart. It was as if Cupid's arrow had been shot straight into her bum. With the dazed and enamored looks she constantly sent him, I could almost see little hearts and stars floating around her head.

Our best friend relationship status hit a rocky road within those few months, but, in the end, our friendship prevailed, and we were back to making jokes and whispering about all the cute boys who live in her neighborhood. It was as if Ryland Royal had never even been born, and it would have been a whole lot better for all of us if it had stayed that way.

It was December when I got the call. I had never heard Brooke sound so... unemotional and guarded, and that really scared me. So, as a good friend would do, I listened quietly as she vented. She informed me of Ryland's declaration, and the anger that overtook my small body was no surprise to either of us. I didn't say anything though. I bit my tongue, because what Brooke needed was her best friend's shoulder to cry on. I would have to postpone his beating for another time.

Winter break came and went. As far as I knew, Brooke and Ryland had not seen each other since the great fall out. She told me that both of their parents had a snobby rich people banquet their entire families were required to attend and that she was nervous of seeing him again. All I know is that if my man even thought such nasty thoughts.... I'd be at his house the next night with a baseball bat and body bag.

A strong vibration from my jean pocket shook me, no pun intended, from my violent, yet honest thoughts. I opened my phone to find a text from Brooke.

Brooke: Kaylee, he's here... and he's actually acknowledging me...

Well, it would seem like the Bryland tragedy was not yet over.

...Shit.

 *Brooke P.O.V.*

"Do I have to go mom?" I plead as we walk to our mini van, rain starting to make an ever so kind appearance. I swear, it's forever raining in this forsaken town. 

"Your father and his family were invited, so yes, you do have to go." She replies, closing my door as I slide onto the seat next to my little sister, Ellie.