Back to You

Ryland's P.O.V. 

"Hello? Earth to Ryland?" A nagging voice buzzes in my ears.

I'm tempted to smack Easton across the face as he annoyingly waves his hand in front of my face, but I sadly resist. I maneuver myself around him and make my way over to Brooke's table.

She's sitting next to Kaylee, talking about some new television show they discovered the night before. Louis is in the seat across from them, seemingly content with watching them like the stalker he is. There's this look in his eyes that makes me want to walk over to him and punch him, but I don't think my new best friend forever, Brooke, would appreciate that very much. I puff out my chest in hopes of looking more manly in front of Brooke and drag Easton closer to them. We continue our walk until we're finally awkwardly standing at the end of their table. 

"Oh, hey, guys." Brooke, being the sweetheart she is, greets us first.

I lift my arms slightly, gesturing that I want a hug from my new best friend. Confusion slightly flickers in her eyes, before she stands and timidly steps into my awaiting arms. She wraps her arms softly around my waist, and I give her a light squeeze. Since I'm facing the table, I can see the looks Kaylee and Easton are shooting each other. I see their grins, and I can barely hear their giggles as Brooke and I break apart.

A weird look is on Brooke's face, but she still smiles at me and sits in her original spot. She leans over to say something to Kaylee as I take my seat next to her. Easton sits in another open spot next to Louis. They immediately hit it off and start talking about some band they both like. Damn him and his British ability to steal all of my friends.

"So, how's it been?" I turn to Brooke and Kaylee, breaking apart their little whispering session.

Kaylee winks at me with a sly smirk on her face before she takes out her phone and tries to distract herself with it. Brooke widens her eyes in Kaylee's direction. For what reason? I have no freaking clue. I figure it's probably some weird girl thing, so I let it go.

Kaylee and Brooke suddenly break out of their mind telepathy moment when Kaylee nods her head in my direction. I pretend I don't notice when Brooke turns to face me with a welcoming smile.

I'm still not sure what happened between the girls, but I do know this... Kaylee, for sure, is on my side... and I hope that I can count on her to help me win back Brooke.

Brooke's P.O.V. 

I smile after Ryland sits down next to me. 

Kaylee...I don't know what to do! I text her.

From Kaylee: Just calm down girl. Act natural. Just be your cute, sweet Brookie self and it'll be fine.

I turn back to Ryland with a smile. Kaylee was crazy; this I had known a while. Though she didn't act as badly about me and Ryland being friends again as I was expecting. Something wasn't adding up around here.

"So how's life?" I ask Ryland and he grins at my words.

"Well...our band," He motions to Easton, "And Sean too obviously, are playing at that bar and grill on the waterfront this Friday. I wanted to see if you and whoever else wanted to come."

"We'd love to." I reply almost to quickly.

"We would?" Kaylee asks looking at me with annoyance.

It's probably because she hates Sean. Not that I don't to, but I want to support Ryland. And I have an issue with telling attractive people no. Or most people no.

"Yes Kaylee, we would," I snap through a gritted smile, "What do you say Louis?"

"Totally." He agrees.

Ryland gives me a strange look and then just smiles. I have no idea what that was for but I just shrug it off and go back to my sandwich.

After school Kaylee has to go home and study, Louis has to go out with his host parents, and I am stuck walking across the parking lot solo. As I open my door to climb in I feel someone's presence behind me.

"Hey, Brooke right?" From the reflection all I know it she's blond.

"Who's asking?" I reply trying to smile.

"Me silly." She says giggling. My goodness how stupid can you get these days?!

"How can I help you." I turn to face her and all my patience it lost.

It's Brittany.

"Just I feel like you aren't taking my advice very well honey." Her voice is sickly sugar coated.

"What advice?" I question.

I try not to really think about the crap she says to me. Most of it is destructive and ignorant anyways. So its not really worth my thought process.

"Stay the hell away from Ryland Royal. I have the power in this school to make your life miserable. And if you don't back off, you bet my new Prada handbag that I will ruin you...you little bitch!" She yells.

I open my mouth and then close it again. She's officially crazy. I just nod and she smiles a huge grin.

"Bye for now!" She says sweetly as she trots away in her short skirt and sparkling top.

What the heck just happened?

----

Just wanted to say huge thanks for all the votes, comments, reads, and new followers!!