Chapter seven

*Tango's P.O.V* 

This morning Naruto actually woke me up when he had to get up as well. He must've understood that I got upset when he just left me. Today was the second exam, and he's really looking forward to this. I was mentally praying that Naruto would pass, and Gaara too. 

"Tango-chan?" he snapped me back to reality; I glanced up curiously at him. 

"Hm?" I murmured with a lot of food in my mouth. He giggled a bit before turning serious.  

"You haven't told me the full story of your past", he suddenly said, which made me froze. Where the hell did that come from? 

"I haven't?" I asked, but clearly I knew I hadn't. I really didn't want to tell, but it must've been the time for him to know it by now.  

"No. The only thing you have said to me is that you got kidnapped from your real family, which is Hyūga, and you lived with them because they told you a lie. What did they tell you?" I swallowed all of my food in my mouth and took a deep breath, preparing myself. 

"They told me my family was killed and they only could save me. And then they treated me like a real family to make me trust them. After only just a couple of months ago, I found out the truth and ran away". 

I explained everything in details and he was a good listener. I didn't think I've ever seen him this serious before. 

"Thanks Tango-chan. You do trust me, right?" he asked and I nodded softly. 

"Of course Naruto. That's why I told you my story now". It was both because he was nagging, but I definitely wouldn't have told him if I didn't trust him. I could easily make up an excuse. 

We finished our breakfast and headed towards the second exam. We all listen closely on the rules, but I didn't get it all in, since I spotted Gaara and just... Kind of stared at him. I tried to make him look at me so I could wave at him, but he always talked to either Temari or Kankuro. Then they all had to take place and before Naruto and his team left, I gave him a good luck hug. I wanted to find Gaara and give him a good luck hug as well, but he had already disappeared. I slowly walked towards a bench outside the forest and was ready to just wait. Since they had five days to be in there or eariler, I could just take my time on being alone. 

I got up after a half an hour and walked towards the ramen shop and orded the usual. 

I ate my ramen, and walked around the village. Geez, it was way more boring than I thought it'd be without the others here. I went on a walk and then met Konohamaru. I got to know him since he's always following Naruto, and since he wasn't here now, I had to play with him and the other kids. 

"Tango-chan? When is Naruto coming back again?" he whined, which made me chuckle. 

"Five days, or maybe sooner. It depends on how good and quick he is", I answered and he sighed. 

"Then this might take some time". I laughed at his remark, and we continued to play together. 

The days went by and Gaara only took about one day. That's my boy! Just kidding, but he's better than I thought. After the talk we had, I wasn't surprised that he's good, but I didn't know he was this good. I wondered exactly what people feared of him. Now, Gaara and I were having a walk and were chatting along. He's talking a bit more now and I could tell he's starting to open a bit more to me. I'm glad though. I didn't know what I was thinking the first time we met, but I'm glad I did what I did. It only brought us closer, and he wasn't that skeptical around me anymore.