Chapter three

*Tango's P.O.V* 

After two days they let me out of the hospital and I could finally go over to Naruto's place. We've become closer friends by the mean time, and he told me things and I told him things. I never told him who I was with before I got here though. Every time he brought that up I just changed the subject. I'd tell him when I was ready. Hinata came to visit sometimes as well, and we've become friends too, but every time when Naruto was there too, she was even more shy and blushed all the time. I was pretty sure someone has a crush here. Either he doesn't really like her back or he's too stupid to even realise she liked him. They would've become a cute couple though. I really wanted to help her too. Since Naruto and I were good friends now, I could at least try, and then maybe my family would've accepted me. 

"Tango-chan?" I heard Naruto say and looked at me with a questioning look and I came back to reality. "I talked to you, but you didn't respond". 

"I'm sorry Naruto-kun. I was just thinking. What did you say?" I excused myself and he smirked. 

"Don't worry", he smiled, "we're here now. I'm sorry for the mess, I kind of forgot to clear this place since I was either training or visiting you". He blushed a little as he glanced at me with a serious look. "Please don't tell Granny-Tsunade". I frowned at him confused and then remembered he called Tsunade that. She doesn't really look that old and why would I tell her his place was messy or not? 

"Why would I tell her that?" He looked at me confused for a second, and then just started to smile and giggle  again. He sure is a happy and cheerful boy. He opened the door and we walked in. I quickly spotted all the trash stuff around the floor and I laughed. So this is the messy place Tsunade was talking about. 

"I'll make your bed ready since I forgot", he said and got it quickly done. He just put a thick mattress on the floor beside his own bed with a pillow and a duvet. "You hungry?" he asked as he was done. " I know the perfect place to eat!" he announced as he dragged me outside again. After a few minutes walking, we arrived to a little ramen shop not too far away. 

"Ramen shop, of course. You talk about ramen all the time", I chuckled and he joined. 

"Hey Naruto! The usual?" the owner asked and he nodded. 

"Yes, but one for Tango-chan too", he said and we sat down. He glanced at me curious, then he smiled and then started cooking. 

"So, who's this friend of yours Naruto?" he asked whilst cooking. They seemed to be close, or he's just here a lot. 

Naruto smiled in my direction before replying. "It''s Tango-chan! She came here three days ago. She didn't have a place to stay so she's going to stay with me", he said and continued smiling. The way he said it almost sounded like we were more than friends, but he didn't even notice. The chef looked at him with a big grin on his face, smirking at us and continued cooking. 

"I'm happy for you Naruto. It's about time you found the one", he giggled and I froze in embarrassment. 

Naruto just stared at him confused. "What do you mean?" he asked and then noticed me. "Tango-chan? What's wrong? Why are you red?" I really couldn't take it anymore and then stood up whilst staring at him, not daring to stare at the chef. 

"Listen, we're not together. We're just friends and I just came here. I don't have any other place to stay so I have no other choice than to stay at Naruto-kun's", I yelled. I was even redder than before. He continued smirking and I noticed Naruto froze as well. I guess he just realised what this man meant. 

"W-we're just friends!" he yelled as well, still sitting totally still. I sat back down and hid my embarrassed redding face in my hands. 

"Relax kids, I'm only joking. Here's your food", he laughed and handed us our food. We ate it all up and paid for it. Naruto showed me around the village and we met some of his friends as well on the tour. 

"Hey Naruto!" a guy greeted, and then he realised I was there too. "Erm, who's this friend of yours?" 

Naruto smiled. "This is Tango! Tango-chan, this is Kiba and Akamaru", he introduced us and I smiled and he smiled back. I looked at Akamaru, who was on the top of this head. 

"Can I pet him?" I asked and he smiled and nodded. I pet Akamaru on his head and he seemed to like it. 

"I think he likes you", Kiba said and I blushed. 

"Really? You think so?" I asked and he nodded again. 

"He senses if people are good or not, and since he likes you, you're definitely a good person". I blushed even more and stopped petting him. Kiba and Akamaru joined our tour around the village and I met more of their friends. We also met Kakashi again who just came back from his mission and had a long talk with him. Since I'm not from here I can't be on a team, but I'm more than welcome to come with them on missions and just hang out. Kakashi told the others there's a Chunin Exam and asked if Naruto, Sakura and Sasuke are planning on entering and they did. I'm allowed to come with them, just not entering. I've also noticed that Naruto looks at Sasuke as a rival and they're always arguing. I wonder how good they really were. Kakashi also said that it won't be any missions before the exam. 

Now, Naruto and I were lying on our own beds and tried to get some sleep, but with all the thoughts in my head, I was unable to fall asleep. 

"Naruto?" I checked if he was still asleep and I thought he was, until he answered. "Sorry for waking you", I said and turned my back against him, but I heard he turned towards me. 

"You didn't. I was awake", he said and a smile appeared on my face. 

"Nervous?" I asked with a giggle, because tomorrow was the day they'd enter the Chunin Exam. If I was entering, I would definitely be nervous. 

"I'm more exited. I'm really looking forward to it". I could hear his smile through the words and I couldn't help but smile myself. "What did you want to ask?" he asked and I turned towards him looking at his face in the dark. 

"Do you think Neji will ever accept me?" I asked with a single tear rolling down from my eye and onto my pillow. "It looks like he hates me even more than he did when I was in the hospital. Hinata and I have become good friends and it doesn't look like her father as anyhting against me, but Neji still hates me". More tears trilled down and I started to silently sob. "What can I do?" I could tell he was looking at me with a sad expression and wanted to comfort me, but didn't know how. 

"I'm sure he'll acept you some time. He can't just hate you forever and you can't stay here forever either. You have to be with your family". Was he saying that because he doesn't want me here or for my sake? "He has to learn to trust you some time". And when exactly is that time coming? I didn't want to wait much longer. If he never accepts me, should I just leave? 

"Thank you for everything Naruto. I'm glad you raged into my room that day. I would probably have been kicked out of here if it wasn't for you", I said and fell asleep after that. I had at least one friend. I wondered what his friends were thinking of me... 

* The next chapter will be muuuch better, I promise! It's something you most probably have been waiting for. I'll post it tomorrow, I promise ^^ .xx *