Chapter 16:

*Tango's P.O.V* 

I saw something has been bothering Gaara for a while but every time I ask him about it, he refuses to tell me. Now I won't take a 'no' as an answer. 

"Gaara, you have to tell me what's been bothering you! I can tell it very clearly", I said and he looked up at me. We were walking to some random places around the village, since we don't really know what else to do right now. "Why won't you tell me?" He sighed and then suddenly stopped. I stopped as well and looked curious at him. 

"Does Naruto hate me?" He suddenly asked and I first frowned, and then giggled at him. 

"What? Why would he do that?" I chuckled but stopped when I saw he was serious. "He's overprotective and doesn't want me hurt but of course he doesn't hate you. Why would he do that?" He rose up his shoulders and we started walking again. 

"It's just a feeling", he said and we stopped by to buy something to drink. "I made a total fool out of myself the other day". I looked up at him and he chuckled at himself. 

"What happened?" 

"I thought Naruto was in love with you so I came to his house and woke him up by mistake by shouting loud in the middle of the night. He sure got grumpy but he didn't seem upset about it". I stared at him for a few seconds, and then I couldn't hold in my laughter anymore. 

"Oh my god Gaara! You really did that? Because you thought t-that he l-loved me? Hahahahahah, you're killing me here!" I said while trying to hold back my laughter, but fauled. He looked at me with a straight face and even frowned a little. 

"Yes, I thought so. He seemed depressed and sad so that crossed my mind. Besides, you told me you'd go and visit him that night", he said and I wriggled my nose. That's true... "What did you do anyways?" 

"I forgot about it and I was very sleepy so I just went home and fell asleep. I was tired and didn't think much", I said and he nodded. "He's only lonely. He doesn't have a family so he liked it when I was there so he wasn't alone all the time. He just misses that, but I'll try to be with him just as much as I was before". We met a few of my friends and they even greeted Gaara, even though they did look a bit scared but since I was there, they did say hi and smile. 

Ever since Gaara said he thought Naruto was in love with me, I couldn't get it out of my head. I definitely don't like him in that way at all... But is it possible for him to feel that way about me? Nah, I'm just overthinking. But... Should I ask him? Nah, that'd be embarrassing. But... Just shut the fuck up Tango! He only sees you as a sister! Stop thinking so highly of yourself! You're right brain. I'm just being stupid as usual. I can't believe I actually thought for a second that Naruto had feelings for me. That's just stupid... Right? Yes! 

"Tango? Are you alright?" Gaara suddenly asked and I looked up at him. I then realized I've been making myself pretty obvious that I'm arguing with myself in my head. 

"Y-Yeah, I'm fine", I said and placed my hand behind me head and giggled. "Did you really think that Naruto had feelings for me? Like, does it look like it? In your point of view?" I asked and his eyes widen and he stared at me. Oh no, I hope he doesn't think that I like Naruto. 

"Why do you ask?" I felt my forehead weat and it felt like his stare was shooting right through my body like an arrow. Shit, what have I gotten myself into? 

"I-I'm just wondering", I stuttered and tried to avoid eye contact with him. Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck- 

"Why are you saying that?" 

"Huh?" I looked up at him again and just realized I was saying that out loud. Fuck, how can I be so fucking stupid? What the fuck is wrong with me?! "Oh, uhm... N-Nothing. I... I gotta go. I'll talk to you later Gaara. Bye", I quickly said and ran off. Luckily, he didn't follow and I went over to Naruto's place. I knocked on the door and it took only 5 seconds for him to open it. He looked really tired and looked like he was drunk last night and had a terrible headache. "Wow, Naruto! You look like hell", I said but quickly covered my mouth. Shit, why do I say everything out loud today?