Chapter 17: Final

*Tango's P.O.V* 

I were at Gaara's place since Temari and Kankuro wasn't there and Gaara was too lazy to walk around so I came to him instead. 

"It's soon end of the exam..." Gaara muttered and I wasn't really sure if he talked himself or me. 

"Yeah? What about it?" I asked and he sighed. 

"When the exam ends, I have to go back to the Sand Village", he said and I looked up at him with big eyes. So he's just going to leave me?! Just like that? 

"W-What?" I asked and tears filled my eyes. "Y-You're going to leave me?" The tears were streaming down my face and I got up. I walked away and tried to dry my tears, but they wouldn't stop rolling down. 

"Are you crying?" He asked and got up as well. He walked closer and hugged me from behind. No matter how much I liked it and just wanted to stay in his arms, I didn't. I twisted myself out of his arms and walked out. I didn't close the door though, because I knew he's follow me. "What's wrong Tango? Why are you crying?" He tried to hug me again but I dodged it. 

"Don't you get it?" I muttered and even more tears came out. He had blank eyes as well but he didn't cry. 

"What are you talking about?" He asked and that's when I snapped. 

"You're leaving! You're not going to stay! How can yo be so calm about it?! I've finally opened you but then you'rejust going to leave?!" And with that, I ran away. Far away from him. I ran to the old house and just stayed there. 

*Gaara's P.O.V* 

I watched her ran away with tears all over her face. Why was she crying now? 

"She's right Gaara", I heard a voice say. I recognized the voice straight away. Temari. Why was she here? She and Kankuro said they'd be out. I turned around and looked at her. I gave her a questioning look and she sighed. "She loves you Gaara. And you love her too". I still didn't understand what she's trying to say. I know we both love each other. "She'll get crushed when you leave". I still don't see the problem? 

"But why would she be sad? She's coming with us, and in that way we all can be happy", I said and she shook her head. What? 

"No Gaara, it doesn't work that way. She has a family here. And her friends as well". She chooses the family and frieds? I wouldn't have chosen Temari and Kankuro over her... Maybe she doesn't love me enough? 

"So? She has to come with me. I..." I paused for a bit. I really do love her, but I've never said that out loud before. "I love her". She smiled and placed her hand on my shoulder. I looked up at her and she still had that soft smile on her face. 

"But she loves her family too. You know she just got them. She could finally move in with them and now you're saying that she has to leave? She thinks you're going to leave her, but you're thinking she's coming with us, which she isn't". W-What? S-She's not coming with me? But... I want her to come with me. "Even if you wouldn't choose your family doesn't mean she has it that simple. You hate us but she loves them. She couldn't possibly choose". I get what she's saying now, but what do I do? It seems like she could read my mind. "If you really do love her, you'll know what to do". I'll just do what feels right to do. 

"Thanks Temari", I said and her eyes went wide, then she smiled soft again, just like Tango. 

"Go and get her Gaara". I nodded and then ran off to the place I knew where she was. When I reached to the old house, I stepped in and sat down beside her. I didn't know what exact words to say so I just got straight to the point. 

"I'm sorry Tango", I said and she looked up at me. It seems like she didn't really notice me sitting here. 

"What are you sorry for?" God damn, this girl is hard. 

"I misunderstood what you meant. I thought you'd come with us. That's why I didn't know why you were upset and why I didn't think much about it". Her eyes soften more and she leaned her head on my shoulder. She didn't cry anymore but she was still wet around her eyes. 

"It's alright Gaara. I understand", she muttered. 

"Then what'll happen? We both live in different villages. How will this work?" I asked and she smiled. More in a sad way than happy. 

"I don't know. I can't leave my village and you can't stay here forever either. But... It'll work out, somehow. If we stay strong and continue to love each other, it'll work out. I promise". She leaned her head on my shoulder and closed her eyes. I put my one hand around her shoulder and pulled her closer to me and closed my eyes as well. I don't want to lose her. I want to live with her for the rest of my life. She's the one I love. I will aways love her no matter what. I hope she'll keep her promise. 

The end! 

** Heey! This was the last chapter of I'm Nothing If I Don't Have You Gaara fanfic. This is the first long story I've ever been able to finish and I'm proud of that, hahahah. I wanted to have a few chapters and it was pretty long. What do you guys think of this story? I really enjoyed writing this and I'll start publish another Gaara story. The first chapter will come on either next saturday or sunday. I hope you'll like that one as well. I think I may be publishing two stories at once (first the Gaara story) but it's not related to Naruto. It'll just be a high school story of my own imagination. It'll be a yaoi (BoyxBoy) story and you can read it if you want to. Can't wait to start publishing them. Love you all .xx **