Taking Care of Orphan Puppies

I was wheezing and fangirling so hard when editing the photo above. Using snapchat filter on a photo displayed on my tablet...That's a new low for me

The cutest noise in the whole world of Eos repeatedly echoed in your eardrums, your mouth etched into an irreplaceable grin, wrapping your arms tightly around the two or three puppies. All of them howled and barked loudly, awakening the two out of four sleepyheads from their nap. Once the four of you arrived in Lestallum to rent a hotel room, everyone dropped onto the nearest comfortable bed or couch in Noctis' case, to relieve their strained muscles and exhaustion from the never ending traveling. Constantly sleeping on the not-so-comfortable earth, despite the sleeping bags they set on the ground, took its toll on their energy.

You giggled like a child on Christmas Eve, the swarm of puppies circling around you. A loud thump caused you to flinch, cautiously pushing yourself up from your crouched position. A dagger materialised in your dominant hand, nearly cutting the half awake prince, barely registering the blade that nearly could have decapitated his head from the rest of his body.

"Mind removing that away from my neck, f-n?" The ravenette remarked, nudging away the blade with the back of his hand, stalking past you into the kitchen.

"S-Sorry about that Noct, reflexes." You responded sheepishly, wearing an awkward smile. His hand reached for a canister filled with decently cold water, screwing the cap off with an audible yawn, jumping onto the marble countertop. He suspiciously eyed the swarm of puppies nuzzling your ankle cutely, releasing an exaggerated sigh.

"Alright, did Prompto bring those creatures without authorization?" You gawk slightly at the oversized usage of vocabulary before shaking it off coolly.

"No! I overheard the shuffling of cardboard and rushed in here. Once I arrived here, I cut that box over there," You bobbed your head towards the vacant box sitting open near the doorstep, "And then these cuties tackled me!" To punctuate your statement, you scooped one of the hyperactive puppies into your arms, shoving it directly in his face with a closed eyed smile. His thin lips twitched into a small smile, scratching the puppy's crown with his fingertips, the dog sticking its tongue out in return, wagging its tail happily.

"H-Hey, what's going on here?" A sleepy blonde, his hair laying flat on his head, unlike his usual morning and afternoon appearance, stumbled into the dimly lit room.

"Good midnight to you, Prom." Noctis greeted before chugging down the rest of the canister's contents down his throat.

"Is this some kind of get together party at midnight that I wasn't invited to?" Prompto questioned with a pout.

"Of course not. You'd crash the party anyways." You answered cheekily, the pout on his freckled face deepening.

"Meanie." The blonde muttered before his eyes widened like circles, nearly stumbling upon the playful puppies.

"Aw~ Who are these little fellas?" He asked, crouching down towards them with a smile.

"I'm not sure. They might be orphan puppies." You suggested with a shrug, watching the puppies surround him.

"But who would abandon such adorable creatures! Don't worry, daddy Prompto will take care of you~" The dog lover says in a childish tone, the ravenette snorting from his best friend's antics.

"I need to go get my camera!" Prompto said, scrambling over his own two feet towards his room, scouring the room desperately for his camera.

"So Noctis, can we keep em'? You asked, a sparkling glint swirling in your irises.

"I'd say yes just to see that cute smile of yours, but we'll need to ask for Gladio's and Ignis' permission first." He answered, slipping off the countertop, his bare feet greeted by the barking pups.