Chapter 9 - Cradle Catching

"Don't fight. Not the Avengers, not Ultron and not whatever he throws." I instructed the twins as we entered the city. "And most importantly, stay away from the city until I can come find you."

I turned to face them. They nodded slowly. "Make sure of it." I demanded. I hugged Wanda. "It's not a goodbye." Then Pietro. "It's a see you later."

"We'll be fine." Wanda smiled.

"Promise." Pietro smiled.

"Good." Just then, I saw the truck. It was holding the machine, that I now knew was called the Cradle. "There it is." I watched the sky, Clint was above us. "Don't move yet, Clint might just kill us."

"Doesn't he know we're on your side now?" Wanda asked.

"He does. But Clint doesn't have the best aim when it comes to things that don't shoot arrows." I explained. "Go in the opposite direction."

"We still want to help." Pietro told me.

"Then try and keep the civilians safe." I instructed. They both nodded.

"We need to draw out Ultron." Steve said.

"I can do that." I responded. "He wants the Cradle, but without it he'll need the twins and I."

"You're not going anywhere." Natasha told me. "It's too dangerous."

"If I can survive living with this guy for as long as I have, then I can take down a damn truck."

"On my signal, Richards." Steve spoke.

I furrowed my eyebrows. What signal? And with that, Steve jumped from a bridge and onto the truck. Oh. I shrugged, then teleported onto the truck with Steve.

"He knows." I told Steve.

"Well it wasn't my softest landing." Steve responded. "I would be surprised if he didn't know."

Steve jumped onto the back, hanging onto the doors. Ultron blasted them open, swinging Steve against the side of the truck. I panicked, not knowing where to go with this. And yet again, Ultron blasted the doors. Steve went flying into the air. When he came back down, he held onto what was left of the door that was being dragged on the freeway.

"He's definitely unhappy." Steve called. I nodded. I had to do something, but what. "I'm gonna try and keep it that way."

"You're no match for him, Cap." Clint spoke. He was still in the sky. Funny, cause his name was Hawkeye. Ha, i'm funny.

I laughed at my own joke. "Thanks Barton."

"Sky." I looked down at Steve. "Can you handle this?"

I nodded confidently. "I got your back, Cap." I rhymed. Call me butter cause I'm on a roll today.

Steve started to climb the door, into the truck. But for the third time in the past five minutes, Ultron decided two blastings weren't enough for Mr. America. I swung onto the side of the truck while Ultron went to the roof to finish his fight with Steve.

I made my way to the opening of the truck, swinging in. Two of Ultron's little robots were there. I cracked my neck from side to side. "Let's fight, boys." I held up my fists as the two came towards me. "Here's some for you." I kicked the first one in the face. "And some for your friend." I punched the other in the face. They both laid on the ground. "This is sad." I know I'm not strong enough without using my powers and by taking out two robots with a simple kick and punch was just plain sad on their part.

And in a matter of seconds they were both back on their feet. "You gotta move faster, Sky."I told myself while rolling my eyes and kicked the first one in the stomach, sending it to the back wall. Then a kick to the others legs, sending it to the ground. I climbed on its back, straddling it and gripped it's head in my arms. I tried pulling it's head off, but these things were built by Stark, so it was almost impossible. The other one moved to the doors, firing at something.

Natasha was on her motorcycle, coming in fast. My distraction gave the one under me time to flip me off him then help his friend shoot at Nat. These things weren't the smartest. Shaking my head, I grabbed one, flipping it over my head and attempted the same as before to remove its head. This time it ended in success. I reached for the other but it flew away before I could grab it.

All that was left to do now was get the Cradle. I looked back at it. It was huge, how in the hell was I going to get this out of the truck? A still moving truck?

I stood up, moving to the Cradle. Nat came flying into the truck. "Good. I could use your help." I breathed out.

"It's going to be hard, but I think we can do it." She nodded at me from across the Cradle. "I don't exactly know how yet, either."

The truck started to shake. I gave Nat a worried look. She grabbed the control panel of the Cradle and started pressing every button she could. The truck was suddenly lifted into the air. I grabbed the Cradle as I fell, but Nat was now rolling towards the open doors.

"Nat!" I called after her. Thankfully, she found something to hold onto and pulled herself back up to the Cradle. I tried standing, but kept losing my balance.

"I have a clean shot." Clint spoke.

"Negative. I am still in the truck." Nat spoke. "And Sky's in here with me."

"What the hell are you-"

"Just be ready." I cut him off.

"We're sending the package to you." Nat finished.

"How do you want me to take it?" Clint asked.

Nat took out a knife, cutting the straps that held the Cradle in place. "You might wish you hadn't asked that." I answered him.

She held onto the back of the Cradle, and I laid on top, as it went flying out of the truck. It landed in the Quinjet. I smiled at Nat, we had made it. But she was quickly yanked out. "Natasha!" I yelled. The truck blew up and Nat was no longer in my sight. My heart sank.