Chapter 8 - Back

Ultron moved us across the world. He told us that we had to keep moving, he also broke us into a lab and overtook an experiment, I think, but that was after he forcefully cut my hair. I haven't been feeling the best and everything has been a blur lately. I even forgot my own name a few days ago.

Wanda was trying to fix the botched mess that is my hair, as best as she could.

"It's going to be really short." She told me as more hair fell to the ground. I could already tell that it was going to be shoulder length.

"I don't care anymore." I whispered. My face was a mess again, just like my life. I felt Wanda stop. I looked up, only to see Pietro standing in the doorway. He averted his gaze to the ground and walked away. "He's just worried."

"Why?" I asked Wanda.

She stayed silent and continued cutting. "You've gotten weaker. Ultron is draining you."

"He's draining you too." I told her.

"Not like you." She responded.

I looked at my feet again. She was right. And my blackouts weren't helping either. Who knew how much more I could take before I broke completely.

"We care too much to see you hurt, Sky." Wanda continued. She set down the scissors and picked up a brush.

"Then leave with me." I told her. "And don't tell me you can't."

"Why haven't you left yet?" She asked, avoiding the question.

"I'm not leaving without you two."

Wanda stopped brushing. "We'll leave when it's all over."

I turned around to face Wanda. "He's not planing what you think he is."

"What?" She questioned.

"He plans on destroying the world."

She shook her head. "I thought you couldn't hear his thoughts."

"So did I." I responded. "You have to believe me, Wanda."

She just stared at me. I stood up and grabbed her hand, pulling her into the hallway. "Pietro!" He was soon at my side. He followed me and Wanda as I walked into the room that Ultron and Dr. Cho stood.

"Tell them your real plan." Ultron slowly turned to face us.

Wanda looked to the body in the large machine. "I can read him."

I looked at her, then to the body. So could I, well, I could hear his thoughts. "He's dreaming." That probably explains why I know his real intentions.

"I wouldn't call it dreams." Dr. Cho, informed us. "It's Ultron's base consciousness, informational noise. Soon-"

"How soon? I'm not trying to be pushy." Ultron cut her off.

"We're imprinting a physical brain. There are no shortcuts. Even if your magic gem is-"

Wanda suddenly screamed. "How could you?" I'm guessing she figured out his plan.

"How could I what?" Ultron asked.

"You said we would destroy the Avengers, make a better world." She explained. Pietro looked to be catching on slowly.

"It will be better." Ultron told her.

"When everyone is dead." I glared up at him.

His head snapped to face me. "That is not!... The human race will have every opportunity to improve."

"And if they don't?" Pietro took a step closer to my side.

"Ask Noah." Ultron stated.

"You're a madman." Wanda hissed.

"There are more than a dozen extinction level events before even the dinosaurs got theirs. When the Earth starts to settle, God throws a stone at it, and believe me, he's winding up. We have to evolve. There's no room for the weak." Ultron explained.

"And who decides who's weak?" I took a step forward. Pietro grabbed my arm and pulled me back to his side.

"Life. Life always decides." There was a loud noise, which distracted Ultron. "There's incoming. The Quinjet. We have to move."

"That's not a problem." We all turn to look at the doctor. She cancelled the upload to Ultron's consciousness. Wanda must have broken the scepter's hold on her while Ultron was distracted.

Ultron blasted the doctor. I grabbed Wanda and Pietro, teleporting out of the room.

"Do you understand now? Why I've been trying to get you to leave with me?" Wanda and Pietro both nodded their heads. "Good. Follow me." I ran outside, where the Quinjet was left abandoned. Walking inside, I found the earpieces. It looked as if only one was left. I placed it in my ear, turning it on and soon the voices of my old friends were heard.

"Now what?" Pietro asked.

"We fight." I answered. The twins followed me as I walked towards the city. Pressing the button on the ear piece, I made my presence known. "It's good to be back."

"Sky?" Clint asked.

"The one and only." I smiled.

"Good to have you back, kid." Clint told me.

"Let's keep in mind that I'm still older than you, Barton."

----------

A trailer has been made! Let me know what you all think about it. And feel free to comment and vote and things. It helps a lot.

Farewell, my loves.

                                  ~Miriah

𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐆𝐎𝐓𝐓𝐄𝐍 𝐌𝐄𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐒 | ᵠᵘⁱᶜᵏˢⁱˡᵛᵉʳजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें