Chapter 15

"Okay, it's cool and all that I have my memories back, but right now we are faced with a much bigger threat. Ultron. How the hell do we take this thing down?" I asked sitting in a living room area, the avengers crowded around me. "And most importantly, get Nat back?"

"I've got a plan." Steve spoke, looking deep in thought. "Three minutes. Get what you need."

~~

On the Quinjet, Steve informed us of his plan. I held Pietro's hand tightly.

"No way we all get through this. If even one tin soldier is left standing, we've lost. It's gonna be blood on the floor." Tony spoke once Steve had finished.

"I got no plans tomorrow night." I shrugged, looking over at Tony.

Tony took a seat next to me. "I get first crack at the big guy. Iron Man's the one he's waiting for."

"That's true, he hates you the most." Vision spoke as he walked past us. I let out a laugh.

"Skylar." Steve looked at me. I nodded and closed my eyes, searching for Ultron's mind, we couldn't be that far away.

"Ultron knows we're coming and that we're close. He also knows who's all here." I spoke up. My eyes fluttered open.

"Odds are we'll be riding into heavy fire, and that's what we signed up for." Steve looked around at us all. "But the people of Sokovia, they didn't. So our priority is getting them out." He stopped his gaze on me. "I need you all in this. I don't care what happened at Hydra or whatever they gave you but you need to bring it out. Ultron doesn't know what you can do and we can use that as an advantage."

"I haven't trained enough with it." I fought back.

"I know you're scared, but everyone in here trusts you, including Nat. We need you all in, if you're not willing to do that then all you can do is evacuate people and come right back here."

I nodded slowly, gripping Pietro's hand tighter in fear.

The Quinjet landed and everyone went their separate ways. Pietro stopped me, pulling me close to him. "Stay safe."

I nodded. "Only if you do."

Pietro smiled and placed a hand on my cheek, pulling me in for a kiss. "Go save some people." I whispered when we broke away.

Pietro ran towards the police station and I ran after Wanda. She used her powers on the people of Sokovia to get them to evacuate. I noticed Bruce running towards a building. I teleported to his side, running along with him.

"Natasha!" I yelled once inside.

"Natasha!" Bruce echoed.

"Bruce? Skylar?" I turned at Nat's voice and the pair of us ran to her side.

"You alright?" Bruce asked.

"Yeah."

"The team's in the city, it's about to light up." I warned Bruce. I knew he couldn't really do much without turning green and he had to get Nat safe.

"I don't suppose you found a key lying around somewhere?" Nat laughed.

"Yeah, I did." I held up my hand. "Back away."

Nat moved to the back of the cell and I let the electricity move through my arm and out my finger tips, just letting enough out to weaken the metal. I pulled the bars open, bending them enough for Nat to get through.

"So what's our play?" She slipped through the bars.

"I'm here to get you to safety." Bruce responded.

"And I'm here to kick ass." I smiled.

"Job's not finished."

"We could help with the evacuation, but I can't be in a fight near civilians. And you've done plenty. Our fight is over." Bruce continued.

"So we just disappear?" Nat asked, her face twisting in confusion.

"Imma go." I dragged out the 'o'. I pointed to the entrance and then teleported out.

I quickly found Wanda and Pietro, smiling at the two. Just then, robots flew to the city. "Go!" I yelled to the people.

"Get off the bridge! Run!" Wanda caught on.

The ground began to shake beneath us.

"What's happening?" Pietro asked as he took my hand.

"Sokovia's going for a ride." I frowned. I hugged myself close to Pietro's arm.

The buildings around us began to crumble, along with the foundation of the earth beneath our feet.

"Skylar, Pietro, I need you!" I look up into the sky, Tony is flying into a building and pulling people out.

I teleported to the nearest building, finding a woman crying with her baby in her arms. "Hey, I'm here to help." I reached for the woman's arm. I took them to safety, where Tony had placed a tub full of people down. "Stay here." The woman nodded frantically as I made my way to the next building.

"Cap, you got incoming." Tony warned, flying above our heads.

"Incoming already came in. Stark, you worry about bringing the city back down safely. The rest of us have one job: tear these things apart. You get hurt, hurt 'em back. You get killed, walk it off." Steve instructed. I looked at Pietro and held his hand tightly. He did the same to me.

"If I don't come out of this alive, I want you to know that I've really loved being around you." I smiled, tears brimming my eyes.

"That sounds like a goodbye. Don't say that." Pietro shook his head.

I pulled his face down to mine, kissing him passionately. "I love you." I whispered through the kiss.

"I love you more." Pietro kissed my forehead before disappearing from view.

I quickly spun on my heel, teleporting to the closest robot. I felt the electricity move through my body and hit the robot. I wrapped my hand around the bolt of electricity, holding it like a whip. I did the same with my other arm, striking down another robot. A swarm of bots came flying towards me. "Wrong move." I moved my arms across my chest, whipping my arms out. The bolts sliced through the bots, cutting them in half and left them sparking.

"We are not clear! We are very not clear!" I heard Steve yell. I teleported to where Clint stood, pointing an arrow at the back of Pietro's head, mumbling to himself.

I smacked the back of his head with my hand. "Bad Barton." I pointed a finger at him.

I took his arm, teleporting us to where Steve and Thor were. "Don't ever do that again." Clint breathed.

"Which one?" I laughed, striking a bot in the chest.

"Both." He shot an arrow.

A Hellicarrier showed up out of nowhere and I recognized Nick Fury's voice.

"This is SHIELD?" Pietro turned to me.

"This is what SHIELD's supposed to be." Steve answered.

"This is not so bad." Pietro smiled.

"Let's load 'em up."

I left Pietro's side, running to the closest people I could. "Take my hand." Two people held on and I teleported to the hellicarrier.

"Can't Skylar take them to the ground?" Thor asked.

"Doesn't work that way, pal." I responded, continuing to take people to safety. "If it was that easy, we'd be done by now."