Chapter 10 - Moments

"If you have the package, get it to Stark!" Steve yelled.

"Do you have eyes on Nat?" Clint asked. I could hear the concern in his voice. He may have just lost his best friend.

"Go!" Steve yelled.

"I'm going to help Steve." I told Clint.

"No you're not." Clint said sternly.

"Calm down, daddy hawk. I'll be back before you know it." I jumped out of the Quinjet.

"Dammit, Skylar!" I heard Clint yell. I closed my eyes as I hurdled towards Earth. And in the blink of an eye, I teleported safely onto the ground.

I patted my chest, then my stomach, moving down my legs and my arms. "Point one for Skylar." I cheered as I realized that I was still alive and not missing any limbs.

My body seemed to freeze as I saw the train coming for me. I could see Steve and Wanda on there. Wanda was trying desperately to stop the train. My mind yelled to move, so did the rest of my body, but I couldn't. I opened my mouth to scream as the train was inches in front of me, but then I was pulled away.

My eyes remained closed even after I was set down. I could still feel arms wrapped around my waist and I was pulled against a chest. Their heart was beating a mile a minute, just like my own.

"Why didn't you move?" Pietro asked breathlessly.

I slowly opened my eyes and looked up at him. "I-I don't k-know." I stuttered out.

"And you were worried about my safety." He laughed. I smiled up at him. I closed my eyes again and put my head against his chest. He placed his head on top of mine.

"Pietro." Wanda came up to us.

"I'm fine. I just need to take a minute." Pietro answered her, his face still in my hair.

"I'm very tempted not to give you one." I looked up as I heard Steve's voice.

"The Cradle, did you get it?" Wanda asked Steve.

"Stark will take care of it." I could hear the hostility in his voice.

"No he won't." I spoke. Pietro lifted his head to look down at me.

"You don't know what you're talking about, Stark's not crazy." Steve glared at me.

"He will do anything to make things right." Wanda spoke. Steve moved his gaze to her.

There was silence until Steve turned away. "Stark, come in. Stark. Anyone on comms?"

"Ultron can't tell the difference between saving the world and destroying it. Where do you think he gets that?" Wanda asked.

"She's not wrong, Steve." I told him.

Steve looked at me, then at Pietro. I was still in his arms. Steve walked towards us, pulling me away from Pietro. "You still need to gain my trust." Steve told the twins, keeping his gaze on Pietro.

"Steve." He slowly turned to face me. "I trust them. That should be enough."

"You're too young to know-"

"I've been alive since the 80's. Can we remember that? I have powers just like them. And I don't know why, but I swear I've seen powers like Pietro's before. I can see what he can do." I told him. "If their intentions were like Ultron's, they would have fought against us. They would still be with him."

"How do I know they won't contact Ultron?" Steve asked.

"My dear Steve." I placed a hand on his shoulder. "That's almost exactly what you said to me."

Steve looked to be lost in thought. "You're in charge of them. They do anything, you take the downfall."

"Yes Cap." I saluted him.

"Let's go." Steve turned around and started walking.

"Wait. How are we getting home?" I asked.

"I haven't exactly gotten there yet." Steve answered.

I looked down, then rolled my eyes. "Stupid." I hit myself on the forehead. "Hold on." I grabbed Steve's arm and pulled Wanda into my side. Pietro wrapped his arms around my waist and in a flash, we were back at the compound.

"Warn me before you do that." Steve said, holding his head in pain.

"I did say hold on." I held my hands up in defense. "You just didn't hold on."

"Skyler." Steve looked up at me. "Shush." He walked away, still holding onto his forehead.

----

Alright, I know it's a short chapter, but y'all deserved this. It's been a really long time since I updated, so here it is. I tried my hardest.

I hope you guys enjoyed it. There's still more to come. I haven't given up on this story yet.

~Miriah