Chapter 7 - Peter

"Come on Skylar!" Ultron yelled. I have been hiding from him all day. "I don't have time for this! You're acting like a child!" He would easily lose a game of hide and seek.

"Got ya." Arms wrapped around my waist and pulled me into their chest.

"Let me go." I struggled against Pietro's grasp.

I backed up into him, causing him to stumble. He fell to the ground and I landed on top of him. The position we were in seemed familiar to me. But I had no idea why. Talk about deja vu. Pietro stared at me as I made no attempt to move.

Finally coming to my senses and realizing that he no longer was holding onto me, I teleported off him and into a different room. My head began to hurt. I clutched my forehead and closed my eyes. My other hand grabbed onto the wall to steady myself. My vision blurred and I fell to the ground.

'When we finally calmed down, after several minutes, we finally realized the position we were in. One of Peter's legs was between mine. His arms were on either side of my head and our faces were inches apart.' Yet again I saw the boy from before. He was so familiar to me. It hurt my chest to picture him, like I was missing something. It hurt that I couldn't remember him. Was that really his name? Why am I having visions about this boy? Peter? Was I just trying to convince myself that it was his actual name?

My eyes shot open and I took a huge breath, breathing deeply and quickly. I coughed and cursed as I tried to catch my breath. "Are you okay?" Wanda's voice echoed inside my head. She sounded distant; miles away.

"What happened?" Pietro sounded even farther away.

Wanda came into my line of vision, taking my hand. "Breathe." She spoke. "Slowly." I did as told and soon began to breathe normally again.

"What did you see?" Pietro asked. "You were crying."

I had tears staining my face. My throat burned. My face was puffy. I looked like a blowfish. "She doesn't need to answer that." Wanda looked over at her brother.

"Peter." I choked out. It hurt to talk. Pietro and Wanda shared a knowing look. They knew something that they weren't telling me.

"I'll take care of her." Pietro spoke, moving towards me. Wanda took a step back. She gave me a worried look. A wet cloth was placed on my forehead, immediately releasing the throbbing pain I felt in my skull. I could feel my hands shaking at my sides. Pietro gently took one in his. "Everything's okay." He handed me a water bottle. I shakily poured the cool liquid down my aching throat.

"What do you know about Peter?" I asked. Pietro looked into my eyes, then back to my hands as they still shook. "Please. I need to know."

"I can't tell you right now. Another day maybe." He told me. I relaxed into the cold makeshift bed I was currently on. I would hopefully get it out of him next time.

Hours passed and I still laid there. Pietro had moved to sit on a chair in the corner. His eyes watched me ever since, barely blinking. Finally turning my head, I stared into his eyes. "What are you thinking about?"

"Nothing." Pietro looked away.

"Liar." I smiled. Pietro smiled, looking back up at me. "Tell me?"

"You." My eyebrows knitted together. "It's stupid." He looked down again.

"It's not." I told him. I attempted to sit up, but fell back down. Curse my weak body.

Pietro shook his head. He came towards me and helped me sit up. "Let's get you something to eat." I took his hand. He helped me into the kitchen area, setting me down on an old chair.

"Thank you." I kept holding his hand. He nodded once before letting go of my hand.

--

*3rd Person POV*

"Mission save the spark is a go." Tony smiled as they boarded the ship.

"Don't call it that." Natasha spoke.

"We get in, find Skylar, and leave. Got it?" Steve asked, placing his shield on his back.

"Yes sir." Tony saluted.

"What about Ultron?" Clint asked. "And the twins?"

"We can take care of them later." Steve answered. "Banner, wait for code green again." Bruce nodded and they began their journey to Russia.

Once there, everyone made their way through the compound. No signs of life showed.

"Are they even here?" Natasha asked.

"Doesn't look like it to me." Clint answered.

"Guys, I got something." Steve told them. They entered a room where Steve stood. Some of Skylar's hair laid on the ground, along with a note.

"What does it say?" Tony asked.

Natasha took the paper and read it out loud. "Nice try."

The group looked at each other. "What did they do to her?" Clint asked as his eyes wandered back to the mess of black hair on the floor.

"Considering how long her hair was last time we saw her, she's still alive. He just wants us to believe she's dead." Steve informed the Avengers.

"No." Tony spoke. "He thinks like I do, with just a bit of an evil twist. He's leaving a trail."

"Of what?" Steve questioned.

"Skylar. The closer we get to her, the closer he is to killing her."

The group fell silent. They no longer knew what to do. Let Skylar die? Or let her live?

----------

Ayyyeee, it's been awhile. I missed you guys.

Anyway, here's an update for you lovely people.

Farewell my friends.
~Miriah