Chapter 14

"Skylar!" I woke up in Pietro's arms. We were still in the kitchen but now everyone else in the building was gathered around us.

I sat up quickly, Pietro keeping a hand on my back to steady me. "I saw her. I need to find her."

"Who Sky?" Bruce asked.

"My mom. She's alive." I smiled widely.

"I thought you didn't remember her." Tony pointed out. Vision stood awkwardly behind him, not sure what was going on.

"I didn't but when I saw her she told me she was my mother."

Pietro helped me to stand. He didn't let go of me.

Steve took a step closer to us. "Are you sure it wasn't just a memory? It's been almost 30 years."

I stared at him. "When I black out like that, I don't see memories. I see visions."

"Where were you when you had the vision?" Bruce questioned further, biting into an apple.

"I was back with Hydra." I responded.

"No one is there, Sky. They fled after we left." Steve answered me.

"I have to go back. I have to see her." I pleaded.

Pietro looked at Steve. "I'll go with her."

"No you won't. We don't have proof that she's even alive."

"Steve." I locked eyes with the man that saved me. "I know my mother is out there. I need to see her. I need to remember and she'll bring me one step closer to achieving that. If you can't help me than I'm walking right out that door and I am going to find her, no matter how long it takes."

Steve turned away from me, running a hand through his hair. He sighed and looked back at us. "Fine. I want Pietro with you. You never leave her side, got it?"

Pietro nodded and I grabbed his hand. We were suddenly in the car and Pietro was in the drivers seat. "I got this." I kept my hand in Pietro's and placed my other hand on the dashboard.

"I love it when you do that." Pietro smiled at me. I smiled back at him.

We got out of the car and looked at the large building in front of us. It looked like a death trap, just like it had last time I saw it. But I could feel it calling me, pulling me in. There was something in there that I needed to see.

"I'm going in." I turned to Pietro. "Alone."

"No." He was next to me in a flash. "I'm not letting you out of my sight." He took my hand firmly in his.

I looked down at our hands, then back up to his eyes. "I have to do this by myself."

"Sky." Pietro placed his open hand on my face. I lent into it. "Please."

"Pietro." I stared into his eyes.

He pressed his lips to mine before quickly pulling away. "If you're not out in 5 minutes, I'm coming in for you."

I smiled as Pietro sat back down in the car. I turned to the building, imagining my old room and within seconds I was inside. I looked around. Nothing hand been touched since I was last here. The window still held the scenery of the tall oak tree. Everything was in tact.

I made my way down the hall. Stopping when I heard footsteps that were not my own. I looked around and saw nothing. I ran down the hall and into a large room. It was pitch black. I squinted, trying to force my eyes to adjust.

A sudden bright light flickered on and I jumped back from what was in front of me. A large tube held a woman inside. I walked closer, staring at her face. "Mom?" I placed a hand on the glass.

"She's dead." I spun around. A boy stood several feet from me. "They put her in there to preserve her. They wanted you to see what they did."

"Who's they?" I asked. I kept my distance from the boy.

"Hydra. You remember them don't you?" The boy smiled. He started to walk towards me.

"Who are you?" I glared at him.

"Well Sky, I'm going to show you." The boy grabbed my arm. His hand burned my skin. I let out a painful yell and attempted to get out of his grasp. When I finally had, I moved swiftly across the room, grabbing a metal pole and flinging it in the boy's direction. He easily caught it, chucking it at the ground, it rolled on the cement floor, stopping beside my boot. "Don't struggle, Sky. The sooner you give in, the sooner this is all over."

"Who are you?" I asked again. I picked up the pole again, grasping it like a baseball bat.

"If you follow me, you'll find out. You wanted your memory back, right?" He turned back down the hall, out of my view. "Follow my voice."

I followed behind him in the dark. I gripped the pole tightly, my knuckles turning white.

"In here." I listened to his voice.

I walked into a room. A table sat in the center, next to a control panel and a large window that showed another room. This is where they took my memories. But it was much different now.

"Lay down." He instructed. I slowly started to back out of the room. I had a horrible feeling take over me. "I didn't want to have to do this." The voice sighed.

I screamed once again as pain radiated through my head. The boy held his hand to my forehead and within seconds I passed out from the pain.

~

"Wake up!" My eyes snapped open and I was strapped to a table. Wires were attached to my head. "I believe we're ready to begin." The boy stood behind the control panel and flipped a switch. "You'll only feel a pinch."

I screamed yet again as electricity shot through my veins. My throat burned from all my screaming today and my body shook against my restraints, causing even more pain. My body soon stopped and the pain became dull. I stared up at Paul through my hair. It stuck to the sweat on my forehead.

"Why are you doing this Paul?" The boy smiled brightly at me.

"Look who got their memories back."

"What?" I asked. Paul moved towards me, pulling the wires from my head. "You know."

He removed the restraints and helped me to stand. "How are you still so young?"

"When they gave me my powers they messed me up inside and I haven't aged since." Paul responded.

"How are you still here?"

"Wow, full of questions aren't we." Paul laughed. I struggled to stand on my own. "I knew you'd be back."

"I have to go." I pulled away from Paul. "How long have I been in here?"

"About five minutes." Paul looked at his watch.

"Where's Pietro?" I scrunched up my nose in confusion.

"Pete who?" Paul asked.

I was suddenly back at the car. "I told you I'd come and get you." Pietro smiled next to me. "Did you find her?"

I stared back at the building. "Yes. But she's been dead for god knows how long."

"I'm sorry." Pietro grabbed my hand.

"I want to go home." I looked up at Pietro. He nodded and walked me to my side of the car.

We walked back into our shared home. Wanda and Steve were the first to greet us. "Did you find your mom?" Wanda asked.

I shook my head. "So it was all for nothing." Steve stated.

"No." I smiled weakly. "I got something much better."

"What's that?"

"I remember everything."