Chapter Six

Everett's POV

I wake up in my bed in the orphanage. "Josh is coming back today." Diane says walking into my room. "Yay!" I say getting up. I hear talking from outside the room and run out.

Josh is standing there talking to one of the other caretakers. I smile widely and run up to him. "Joshie!" I say. He turns around. He picks me up and hugs me. "Eve!" He says. I smile and hold onto him.

"I missed you." I say. "I missed you too." He says. We hold on for a few more moments and then we let go. "I have doctors appoitment today so I'm taking a taxi there. I have to leave uh now!" I say grabbing my phone.

I put it in my bag and I run out of the orphanage. I hop into the taxi. "Hospital please." I say. He nods and drives out of the parking lot. I sit back in my seat and look out the window.

The driver gasps and the car gets hit my a transport truck. I hold onto my bag. The car flips over multiple times. My arm, face and legs get cut by broken glass.

The car stops flipping and people crowd around it. My breathing steadys and the door opens. I try to unbuckle my seatbelt. "GET ME OUT!" I shout my voice hoarse. Someone helps me out of the car and lays me on a sweater.

"Call Joshie." I mumble. "What happened?" Someone asks. Joshie. "Joshie?" I say trying to get up. He looks over and runs to me. He takes his sweater off and wraps it around me. "Call an ambulance!" He shouts.

They help the taxi driver out of the car. Josh leans the back of my head on his knee. "Don't let her die!" He shouts again. I try to smile and hear ambulances.

Josh picks me up and I look at the taxi driver. He has a few bruises and cuts. Josh lays me on a streatcher. "Thank you." I say smiling. He smiles and we get on the ambulance.

×ק×ק×ק××

"You feeling okay?" Bailey asks. "I feel fine." I say. She nods. "This is Everett Ivy. She is 19. She got in a car accident one week ago. She has multiple cuts and bruises." Someone in orange scrubs say.

"Who are you?" I ask. "April." She says. "How are you doing?" Izzy asks walking. "Good." I say smiling. She sits on my bed and puts a rubber thingy around my arm. "No, no, no, no!" I say trying to squirm away.

Josh walks in. My eyes sting with tears as Izzy puts the needle in my arm. Josh sits next to me. "Owww." I say as she takes it out. She rolls her eyes and takes the stuff with her out of the room.

April puts a bandaid on it. "Can I go yet?" I ask. Bailey laughs. "Not yet. Sloan and Avery are going to fix up some more of your cuts." She says. I sigh and slump back into my bed. They all leave the room.

Josh takes a sigh of relief. "Whats wrong?" I ask him. "I'm glad your okay." He says. "I'm glad too. Is the taxi driver okay?" I ask. Bailey nods. "He left last night." She says. I nod. "You get to leave tomorrow." She says. "Yay!" I say.

Sloan and Avery walk in. "Hey Eve!" Sloan says. "Hey Marky." I say. He sits next to me. "Hows your arm doing?" He asks. "Good." I say. He looks at my arm. "You'll be able to leave today." He says.

"Really?" I ask. He nods. I jump in the bed. "I'll get the papers." I assume who is Avery says leaving the room.

×ק×ק×ק××

"GONNA MAKE A HEARTTHROB OUT OF ME, JUST ABIT OF MINOR SURGERY!" I sing sliding out of the washroom using my hair brush as a mic. I dance around and continue to sing along to my headphones.

I do weird dance moves and poses. I hear laughing coming from the door. I turn around and take my headphones out. I see Alex and Josh laughing at me.

"Yes?" I ask laughing my phone and headphones down. "Your coming with me." Josh says. I look at him confused. "Your not staying at the orphanage anymore." He says.

"Thank you!!" I say
He laughs. "Alex smiles at us."Pack your stuff kid." Alex says. I roll my eyes at kid. I grab my bag and pack all of my things in it. "I have to get my stuff from the orphanage." I say.

"Already at my house." Josh says. I smile. "This is going to be great." I say laughing slightly. "It will be." He says. I smile widely and hug the 21 year old.