Chapter Sixteen

Everett's POV

"Thank you Deluca!" I say as Deluca passes me coffee and a pastery. "Your welcome Eve." He says laughing. I smile and he sits next to me.

"Sheppard has been trying to figure out ways to wake Josh up." He says. "Has she found anything yet?" I ask him. He shakes his head. I sigh slumping back into the chair.
I drink some of my coffee as new interns come in. "This is One, Two, Three and Four." Deluca says. I laugh. "You don't know their names?" I ask him. "Uh nope." He says. I roll my eyes and the interns giggle.

"One check on post-ops. Two the pit. Three and Four clinic." Deluca says. They scurry out and me and Deluca laugh. "You should stop scaring them." I say. Maggie walks in. "Maggie! Your back!" I say hugging her.

"Yeah. I heard what happened to Josh and I tryed to come back as fast as I could." She says. I smile slightly. "Well I'm going over to Joe's." I say getting up. I put my rain coat on and walk out of the room.

I walk down to the elevator. "Stop!" I shout running to the elevator. They stop the elevator and I get in. The elevator slowly moves as I tap my foot.

The elevator dings and I walk out. I walk outside the hospital and to Joe's. I walk in to see people talking. I sit next to Teddy, Hunt, Bailey, Meredith, Alex, Jo and Arizona.

"How are you doing girly?" Alex asks. I snort and we all laugh. "Good." I say. Joe smiles and passes me fruit punch. Everyong looks at me. "I'm okay!" I say. My phone dings.

Deluca: He woke up.

My eyes go wide and I get up. "I-I gotta go!" I say running out of the bar. I run across the street trying not to slip in the puddles. I breath heavily as I run to the elevator.

"STOP IT!" I shout running in. I slam into Mark. "Jesus Eve!" He says. "Joshie's awake." I say. The elevator rings and I run out of it. I run towards the room but I slip before I can reach it.

I knock Deluca down ontop of me. "Ouch!" Deluca says. I look up to see Josh awake. I smile widely and get off the ground. I hop up and hug Josh.

We don't say anything we just hold eachother. I hear pictures being taken behind us and I smile. "Your awake." I say holding onto him tighter. We let go and Josh's eyes are glossy.

I smile wider. "We missed you." I say. He smiles. Amelia hands him some water and he drinks it. "I love you." He says. I don't say anything I just hold onto him.

×ק×ק×ק××

"Here." I say passing Josh a box with his present in it. I pick at the wishbone necklace around my neck as he opens it. He smiles. "These were so expensive!" He says. I shake my head.

He admires the shoes as I smile slightly examining him.

Josh's POV

I look at Eve. She looks so beaten up and scared. Scared of what happened. Maybe I shouldn't of got the ring. Maybe I shouldn't ask her to marry me.

Everett's POV

Josh just stares at me. "Are you okay?" I ask. "What? Yeah." He says. Bailey walks in with food for me and Josh. "Thank you." I say to Bailey. I eat some of the muffin she gave me.

"Everett, you don't look to good." She says. "I haven't been feeling good the past few weeks." I say. The truth is I've felt like shit the past few weeks. "Let me get some tests done to see whats wrong." She says leaving the room.

Josh pulls me next to him. "Lets hope theres nothing wrong with you." He says. I nod drifting off.

×ק×ק×ק××

"Everett can I please talk to you." Bailey says walking in. I nod getting up. "The tests can back and they were positive for.. Cancer." She says. I look at her shocked.

"What kind?" I ask. "Liver cancer." She says. I nod. "Do you want me to tell Josh?" She asks. I nod again not being able to say anything. She walks in to talk to Josh.

Deluca walks up to me smiling. "Whats wrong?" He asks his smile turning into a frown. "I have liver cancer." I say looking at him. He dosen't say anything he just holds onto me.

I sob into his arms not being able to do anything else. "Whats wrong?" Alex asks walking up to us. "I can tell them. Okay?" Deluca says. I nod hugging him again. I walk into Josh's room.

He holds onto me as I see Deluca talking to Mark, Alex, Briggs, Hunt, Meredith, Amelia, Christina, Edwards, Maggie, Cross, Chief, Arizona, Callie, Lexi, April, Avery and Bailey.

I look down at the floor and all my thoughts are pushed away. I have cancer.