Chapter 24

"Come on we need to leave" Amira shouted. She was frantic since Charlotte had given her the news. At first she had taken the news that her mother had died badly. She wouldnt miss the Queen especially after all she had done to Claire. no Herishna was evil and Amira was glad she had gone but the thought of Aralia as Queen instead was horrifying. If Claire had still been alive Aralia wouldnt have let her live much longer she seemed to have a personal vendetta against the slave.

Charlotte had patiently explained to Amira that Aralia wasnt Queen. The news that she had a long lost brother was a shock to Amira. She had a brother who agreed with her about slavery but he was sent away. Of course her mother would have kept that a secret, she would have wanted someone like Aralia ruling the country after she had gone so she told no one that she had a son. But now he had returned and taken his place.

Geoffery had heard all this through gossip in the local town. The slave auctions had been closed down but no slaves had been released. Geoffery had no idea if Claire was alive or not, the fate of one particular slave would never make the village gossip. He promised he would keep a look out and take her in if she was released but so far not a single slave had escaped the castle.

Charlotte and Amira were heading back to Geofferys to see what was going on. Chelsea was still concerned that it was too dangerous for Amira but Amira had argued that she couldnt sit still anymore without knowing for sure. In her heart she didnt care if she was killed there was no way she would enjoy her life in the free land without knowing if Claire was suffering or not.

The journey to Geofferys seemed to last forever but it was easier than when they had left as they could stop

at inns along the way to rest. Geoffery was overjoyed to see Amira again and he hugged her warmly as she arrived. For Amira the house held so many sad memories. It was in this house Claire had first smiled and looked fully relaxed around her. "Oh God Geoffery what will I do if simething bad has happened." she cried.

"Dont think like that" Geoffery told her "Tommorow you will go to the castle and find out for yourself."

Amira walked through the entrance to the castle and shuddered. She never thought she would come back to this awful place and looking around there were still slaves going about their daily tasks. Could it all be a trick she wondered? Maybe Aralia had spread the gossip to lure her back. She didnt care after what had happened to Claire she thought she deserved to die too. As she approached the main door she heard one of the maids speak her name.

"Princess Amira? Is that you?" She said smiling.

Amira turned but before she could reply another cold voice spoke from behind her.

"Well sister you returned then? Do you know what the penalty for stealing slaves is?"

Amira glared at her sister she had never felt such hatred.

"Theres no need to be like that" Aralia smiled at her "Oh and if you've come to see my slave as I expect you are too late."

"Why would I be here to see your..." Oh God no Amira thought. Claire had become Aralias slave when she returned. Aralia laughed "Well not quite mine it was Edwards but you know how it is slaves get boring after a while."

No! Amira thought, this couldnt be happenning. Aralias slaves never lived long and Claire had been back for two years.

"What did you do to her?" Amira whispered still glaring at her sister.

"Now Amira your talking about it like it has feelings. It was a slave nothing more and you were an idiot trying to save it!"

"How long was she Edwards?" Amira asked

"Oh until quite recently" Aralia answered cheerfully. "I think Edward quite liked it, it was like

a little pet. That slave always was alot of fun it could take quite a beating."

Amira ran down the hall towards her old room. She knew she shouldnt just let herself in after all this time but she couldnt face anyone right now. So now she knew what Claire had suffered. Two years she had been made to serve Edward and Aralia before they finally disposed of her. She sat down on her old bed and cried. Her room was exactly hoe she had left it and Claires bed sat in the corner still serving as a reminder to Amira of the friend she had almost had.