Chapter6

Chapter 6

Amira bathed Claires wounds and gave her clean clothes. Claire was too scared to say much but Amira understood it was going to take time to gain her trust. When Chelsea came in to tell Amira her mother wanted her she left Claire with Chelsea knowing that if anyone could relax the girl it would be Chelsea.

Chelsea was a kind hearted women and it was very hard not to like her. She took Claire in her arms and hugged her. She knew firsthand how terrifying it was to be a new slave but having been put incharge of Amiras upbringing she had been spared the usual beatings inflicted on slaves. Chelsea had seen Amira and Atalia as her own children and had given them the very best care. Atalia was only a year younger than Amira and they had been really close. When Atalia was 12 she couldn't take it anymore and ran away. Amira had been devastated and cried for weeks.

Chelsea looked down at the poor child in her arms. She was still crying silently and looked exhausted but Chelsea was sure she felt her thin body relax a little. Chelsea laid her down on the small bed in the far corner of the room that was now to be Claires. "Get some sleep child your safe here" she said.

Amira came back into the room fuming as usual from arguing with her parents. Chelsea thought it was a shame that they couldn't see what a special daughter they had. The king and Queen had never understood their daughters need to be independant and her hatred of how slaves were treated. It seemed to scare them. "Mother wants me to go to the ball with Aralia tommorow, she thinks it's about time I found a prince, I want to run away!"

Chelsea sat Amira down and managed to talk her out of running away. It was a miracle Atalia hadn't been found and punished yet and she couldn't bare the thought of Amira running too.

Amira looked over at the sleeping form of Claire. How on earth was she going to gain her trust especially if she had to take her to the ball with Aralia and all her stuck up friends. Chelsea came in with a hot drink and then left Amira to get some rest.