Chapter 5

Claire shivered and pulled the blankets around herself. It was freezing in the cell and had it not been for the blankets Amira had brought her she wondered if she would had survived. Queen Herishnas breaking in process had consisted of being kicked, punched and slapped untill she could no longer stand. She had endured this from previous masters and knew that it was over faster if she took it and tried not to cry or beg. Silent tears had fallen as she had hit the floor and she wondered if the beating would ever stop. When it finally did Herishna told her to hold out her arms, she did as she was told and metal cuffs were fastened to her arms. Queen Herishna then pressed a button on a remote control which caused the cuffs burn and unbearable pain spread through her body. Claire couldn't help herself she begged for the pain to stop and when it eventually did she lay weak and crying on the floor. The guard came and took her back to her cell and she had huddled aginst the furthest corner. It wasn't long after she had been returned to her cell that Amira had come to see her.

Amiras visit had scared and confused her. No one had ever cared if she was cold or hungry and Amira was soon to be the one handing out the orders and punishment. She tried not to think about it there was no such thing as a kind master after all. She had finally managed to cry herself to sleep when the door was flung open and Queen Herishna stood with a girl Claire had not seen before. The girl was possibly more intimidating than the Queen. Her long black hair was scraped away from her face and her eyes showed pure evil. She pointed a sharp black fingernail at Claire and said "here slave"

Terrified Claire crawled over and knelt at their feet. As she knelt down she noticed Amira standing behind her mother and the other lady. Amira looked uncomfortable and wouldn't look at her. Claire noticed again how different Amira was to the rest of them. Suddenly she felt a sharp pain in her stomach as the other lady had kicked her hard before walking away. She hurridly followed after them.

When they arrived at Amiras bedroom Queen Harishna told Amira to watch her sister and learn how to handle the slave. The other lady was aralia Amiras older sister. Claire felt herself grabbed by the throat and thrown at Amiras feet. Amira still refused to look at her and it was Aralia that spoke.

"Slave you are now the property of Amira and must obey her every command, you will not speak unless you are given permission and you will not look anyone in this house in the eye" She then turned to Amira and said "do it"

"Do what" Amira looked confused

"Press the button"

"But she didn't do anything wrong!"

This time the queen spoke"Amira we need to know you can hand out punishment if needed"

"But it's not needed!"

"Amira!"

She pressed the button. Claire cried out in pain. The shock went all over her body and her arms felt as though they were on fire. It didn't last very long Amira must have only pressed it gently. Aralia and Harishna left the room telling Amira that the slave was now hers.

Claire stayed where she was on the floor, too scared to move. Amira put the remote next to her bed and approached the terrified slave. "I'm so sorry if I hadn't pressed the button they would have taken you back to the dungeons"

Claire kept her head down and said nothing. "I give you permission to speak just be careful around my family. What's your name?"

Claire looked up stunned. She had never been asked her name before she had always been known as slave. "my names Claire"