Chapter 21

Chelsea watched Amira pacing around the room they were sharing. Even after two years Amira couldnt face the thought that Claire was gone. She refused to give up looking and Chelsea knew she blamed herself in a way they all blamed themselves. None of them had seen it coming and looking back they kicked themselves for not thinking it through properly. Chelsea hoped that Claire was still alive but deep down she doubted that she would be.

Chelsea had literally had to drag Amira away to stop her getting killed aswell and Amira was still determined to find away. Eventually Amira and Chelsea had found a way onto the boat without being detected and had met up with Emily and Charlotte. Charlotte invited them all to stay with her as they had nowhere else.

Emily had adjusted well to her new freedom and was not as scared as she had been before. She had attached herself to Charlotte who had looked after her like a mother. Charlotte had even enrolled Emily into a school so that she could be around other children. It broke Amiras heart everytime Emily asked her where Claire was.

Charlotte had gone back several times to visit Geoffery and see if there was any news but noone on the outside knew any of the details that happened inside the castle. Charlotte was on one of her visits now and that was why Amira had resumed her pacing. Everytime Charlotte went away Amira got her hopes up. She wanted to go with her but Chelsea wouldnt let her. "Its too dangerous for any of us except Charlotte to go back." She repeated over and over again each time Amira asked.

Another restless week went by for Amira as she tossed and turned waiting for Charlotte. She wondered wether Claire was alive would her mother have tortured her until she couldnt take anymore. There was a chance she would keep her alive as bait in the hope Amira would return for her. One thing Amira was certain of though after two years back in the castle Claire would definatly be in a bad state.

Days went by with no news from Charlotte. Amira went to visit the nearby town. She often came to this town for food and other necessities. The owner of the local cafe would tell Amira stories of people who had passed through here and early on Amira had thought the lady may know Atalia but she hadnt heard anything. "You look upset Amira you still thinking about your slave friend?."

Amira looked up tears stinging her eyes. "Yes I know it sounds stupid but I know shes alive and I feel so useless not helping her."

"That doesnt sound stupid Amira, from what youve told me you did an awful lot for that slave and Im sure she doesnt blame you."

"I blame me though" Amira said "It was my job to keep her safe."

Amira chatted with the shop owner for a long time. It felt good to talk about it. Afterwards she wondered home. As she opened the door she realised Charlotte was standing there looking excited.

"Amira I have some news for you" she said smiling.