Chapter 16

Aralia dragged her pathetic slave to the auction house. This was one of her favourite places in the world. As she walked past the various cages she was filled with a sense of power. She didnt understand how Amira couldnt see it how she did, slaves were put on this planet to serve powerful people they didnt have a right to feelings or a name or anything they were simply here to serve. Aralia was surprised at Amiras actions. She had known she was soft on her slave but she never expected her to rescue it. She just hoped that she would be allowed to help with the slaves torture when she was finally returned. Amira would probably be publicly tortured and killed as a warning to any other slave lovers who thought they would try rescuing slaves.

"Can I help you princess?" A voice said from behind her. Turning Amira saw one of the assistants who worked in the auction house. She grabbed her slave and threw it down at his feet.

"Is this any use to you or can you destroy it?" She asked

The man roughly pulled the slaves head back causing her to whimper.

"Shut up slave!" He said as he slapped her across the face before turning to Aralia. "Its not worth much but someone may buy it. Il take it and see what happens if no one buys it I can have it destroyed."

Aralia laughed as the slave cowered at his words. "Serves you right for being such a rubbish slave." She said as the assistant flung the slave into a nearby cage and fastened a chain around its neck.

"Any news on your sister?" the assistant asked "Im amazed theyve stayed hidden for this long."

"None yet but they wont last much longer, the reward is high someone will turn them in soon enough."

"Well I hope you catch them, shame about your sister though such a waste!"

Aralia spent an enjoyable day at the auction. She loved watching the slaves shrink away as she examined them. The fear they felt was like a drug to her. Finally she had settled on a new slave straight from the free lands. The slave was rebellious and trying to fight her the whole way to the carrige. What fun this one would be to break she thought to herself as they rode home.