Amira's Slave

Amira sat on the end of her bed looking around at her oversized bedroom. So many girls would long to have her life. Being the daughter of the King and Queen she had everything she could possibly want including a house full of servents. Amira was a princess who longed to be a normal girl. She hated this life she was never allowed to visit the town unless she was accompinied by guards and she wasn't allowed to do anything for herself. Worst of all though the house was full of slaves that were forced to do everything for the family and were tortured for the slightest mistake.

Amiras thoughts were disturbed by Chelsea bustling into the room. Chelsea was the one good thing in her life and the nearest thing to a friend she had. A middle aged slightly plump cheerful lady Chelsea had been a slave to Amiras mother since she was 18. The most faithful of slaves Chelsea had been left in charge of bringing Amira up, as to Queen Herishna even bringing upher own child was considered beneath her.

"come Amira you have a busy day today" Chelsea said cheerfully as she brushed Amiras long dark hair.

Pulling on a pair of jeans and a black hoody Amira stood up ready to get the day over with. Today was the day she was to get her own slave and she had been dreading it since she was 5 years old. Now at 16 it was considered that she should have her own slave like other girls of her class to carry out all the tasks that she really wanted to do for herself.

When she was 5 she had witnessed a young slave recieving a beating for some unknown crime and she would never forget the sight of the poor girl writhing and crying on the floor. It was then that she had started to dread the day she would be expected to get one of her own.

In the land where she lived it was normal for a household to have several slaves and at 16 years old children of rich families were taken to the auctions to choose their very own slave. However The slave would not fully become the property of the child until their 21st birthday so the parents still had the right to sell or even kill the slave.

Amira was brought back out of her thoughts by Chelsea hurrying her out of the room. "hurry Amira your mother is waiting" Queen Harishna was a women most people were terrified of including her own children. Amira hurried out to the carrige and jumped in the back where her mother sat wearing a long dark dress and a cape. Her long dark hair that matched Amiras was straight and reached her waist, she wore black nail varnish and dark gothic like makeup. Amira knew that her mother liked to look as intimidating as she could and was very dissaproving of the clothes that Amira liked to wear.

The carrage was pulled by two black horses. Amira liked to visit the horses in the stables but it was frowned upon by her mother who thought it was unladylike. Cowering in the back of the carrige was a slave Amira didn't know. Her mother would not go anywhere without at least one slave. Like all slaves of Amiras family the poor girl wore a metal coller around her neck and her bare arms were bruised and scratched. The site made Amira feel sick and she was dreading the trip to the slave Market even less. The only reason she was going along with this was because she was more scared of her mother.